Now showing items 1-10 of 42
Technology transfer of aquaculture technologies: framework and strategies
- In Handbook for Regional Training on Community-Based Aquaculture for Remote Rural Areas of Southeast Asia, 2008 - Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
Mariculture techniques for Epinephelus sp. in the Philippines
- In RD Guerrero III & MP Garcia Jr. (Eds.), Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture: Proceedings of the First Philippine-French Technical Workshop on Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture, October 24-26, 1990, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines, 1991 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development; French Embassy in the Philippines
This paper reviews the status of different techniques that are presently practiced for Ephinephelus sp. culture in the Philippines. Constraints and problems encountered as well as possible solutions are also discussed.
Viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport
- In D MacKinlay & M Eldridge (Eds.), The Fish Egg: Its Biology and Culture Symposium Proceedings. International Congress on the Biology of Fishes, 14-18 July 1996, San Francisco State University, 1996 - American Fisheries Society, Physiology Section
The viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport was investigated. Naturally-spawned milkfish eggs were collected and subjected to simulated or actual transport at early cleavage stage (stage ...
Preliminary studies on the rearing of the red-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides larvae using copepod nauplii as initial food.
- UPV Journal of Natural Sciences, 1996 - University of the Philippines in the Visayas
One day old red-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) larvae from SEAFDEC, Iloilo, were packed at 3.300 ind/L and transported to Dagupan, Pangasinan for larval rearing. Transport time was about 10 hours. More than 90% of ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Management of fish health in broodstock and larvae of milkfish, sea bass and grouper
- In K Main & C Rosenfeld (Eds.), Aquaculture health management strategies for marine fishes : proceedings of a workshop in Honolulu, Hawaii, October 9- 13, 1995, 1996 - The Oceanic Institute
Historically, reports on the occurrence of disease problems in milkfish, seabass and grouper were mainly on the isolation and identification of etiological agents. Studies on the tolereance of fish to chemotherapeutants ...
Spawning of tiger grouper Epinephelus fuscoguttatus and squaretail coralgrouper Plectropomus areolatus in sea cages and onshore tanks in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
- Aquaculture, 2013 - Elsevier
The broodstock of two grouper species, tiger grouper Epinephelus fuscoguttatus and squaretail coralgrouper Plectropomus areolatus, were maintained in sea cages near Rutland Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India, and ...
Successive spawning of grouper, Epinephelus suillus (Valenciennes), in a tank and a floating net cage
- Aquaculture, 1993 - Elsevier
Wild Epinephelus suillus (Valenciennes) were collected in 1989 to early 1990. To monitor natural spawning in captivity, 6 mature females (3.5–5.0 kg) and 4 mature males (7–12 kg) were transferred to a 4.6×4.6×2 m concrete ...
Cryopreservation of different strains of the euryhaline rotifer Brachionus plicatilis embryos
- Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 1991 - Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Cryopreserevation of different strains of Brachionus plicatilis symmetrical stage embryos was conducted. One S-type strain, namely Yashima-S (YS), and three L-type strains, namely Yashima-L (YL), Nagasaki (NG), and Hamana ...
Use of copepod nauplii during early feeding stage of grouper Epinephelus coioides
- Fisheries Science, 1999 - Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Newly-hatched Epinephelus coioides larvae were stocked in five 5-ton tanks at an initial density of 25, 000 ind/tank. Copepod nauplii were propagated in four of these tanks by inoculating various densities (20 to 80 ind/l) ...