Now showing items 1-10 of 338
Use of ferrocement as secondary gate of fishponds.
- In Report of the National Consultative Meeting on Aquaculture Engineering, 2-5 October 1985, Tigbauan, Iloilo, Philippines, 1986 - ASEAN/UNDP/FAO Regional Small Scale Coastal Fisheries Development Project
Ferrocement was first used in the Department in fabrication of broodstock and hatchery tanks for shrimp. In 1981, the Capital Outlay Project at Leganes called for the design and construction of 210 gates, consisting of 2 ...
A primer on putian.
- In National Conference on Prawn-Fish Farming Technology, 23-24 October 1986, Makati, Metro Manila, 1986 - Fishfarmers Technical Assistance Foundation, Inc
With the growing interest among fishfarmars in the culture of sugpo or Penaeus monodon, some attention is being focused on the lesser known prawns and shrimps such as putian, Hipong puti (Tagalog), putian (Cebuano, Ilongo), ...
Impact of fishpond management on the mangrove ecosystem in the Philippines
- In Mangroves of Asia and the Pacific: Status and management, 1986 - Natural Resources Management Center and National Mangrove Committee, Ministry of Natural Resources
Fishpond development in the Philippines is discussed, examining resulting impacts on the mangrove ecosystems. Socio-economical implications and management measures are also considered.
Yolk resorption, onset of feeding and survival potential of larvae of three tropical marine fish species reared in the hatchery
- Marine Biology, 1986 - Springer Verlag
This paper provides basic early life-history information on milkfish (Chanos chanos), seabass (Lates calcarifer) and rabbitfish (Siganus guttatus) which may explain in part the observed differences in their survival ...
Studies on the egg quality of Penaeus monodon Fabricius, based on morphology and hatching rates
- Aquaculture, 1981 - Elsevier
Eggs of Penaeus monodon are classified into five different types on the basis of morphological criteria and hatching rates — A1 eggs undergo normal development with 58% hatching rate; A2 eggs show delayed and/or abnormal ...
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Problems associated with hormonal induction of gonad development in milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- In Lofts B. & WN Holmes (Eds.), Current Trends in Comparative Endocrinology. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium in Comparative Endocrinology, 7-11 December 1981, Hongkong, 1985 - Hong Kong University Press
Recent developments in milkfish breeeding include succesful induced spawning of wild1,2 and captive3-5 fish and spontaneous spawning of broodstock.6 Gravid spawners, however, are available ...
The effects of artificial diets on fry production and growth of Oreochromis niloticus breeders
- Aquaculture, 1985 - Elsevier
Tilapia breeders were fed with pelleted supplemental diets containing 20 or 40% crude protein at a daily feeding rate of 1% of fish biomass for 24 weeks in cages and tanks. Breeders were weighed and fry were collected at ...
The larval and juvenile fish community in Pandan Bay, Panay Island, Philippines
- In T Uyeno, R Arai, T Taniuchi & K Matsuura (Eds.), Indo-Pacific Fish Biology: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Indo-Pacific Fishes: Conducted at the Tokyo National Museum Ueno Park, Tokyo, July 29-August 3, 1985, 1986 - Ichthyological Society of Japan
Long-term (1975-1977) collections of larval and juvelnile fish were made from 1) onshore, a sandy beach flanked by a coral terrace and a river mouth, and 2) 500m offshore in 30 m deep water in Pandan Bay. About 70 species ...
Biology and ecology
- In Biology and culture of Penaeus monodon, 1988 - Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
A review is made of current information on Penaeus monodon covering various aspects, including taxonomy, morphology, distribution, bionomics and life history. Reproduction, embryonic development, larval stages, spawning, ...