Now showing items 1-10 of 440
The effect of tank color and rotifer density on rotifer ingestion, growth and survival of milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae
- The Philippine Scientist, 1995 - San Carlos Publications, University of San Carlos
The effect of tank color on rotifer ingestion, early growth and survival of milkfish larvae was assessed. The larvae were stocked at 30/L in 200-L fiberglass tanks coated black or unpainted (tan). Larvae were fed rotifers ...
Enrichment of live food with essential fatty acids and vitamin C: effects on milkfish (Chanos chanos) larval performance
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
The effects of essential fatty acids (EFA) and vitamin C-enriched live food on growth, survival, resistance to salinity stress and incidence of deformity in milkfish larvae reared in tanks were investigated. Larvae were ...
Milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, Tarawa, Kiribati, 21–25 November 1988, 1990 - South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
In the Philippines, the level of intensity of Chanos chanos culture is categorized into traditional and extensive management. Pond types for different culture systems, stocking practices, acclimation practices, water ...
Mangroves as nurseries: Shrimp populations in mangrove and non-mangrove habitats
- Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 1998 - Elsevier
A total of 4845 penaeids belonging to nine species—Metapenaeus anchistus, M. ensis, M. moyebi, M. philippinensis, Penaeus merguiensis, P. monodon, P. semisulcatus, P. latisulcatus and Metapenaeopsis palmensis—were collected ...
Controlled release of testosterone and estradiol-17 β from biodegradable cylinders
- Journal of Controlled Release, 1994 - Controlled Release Society
A controlled release device for the hormones, testosterone and estradiol-17 β, was developed by coating a melt extruded hormone/poly (ϵ-caprolactone) cylinder with pure polylactide. Since testosterone and estradiol-17β ...
Review of recommendations from recent SEAFDEC workshops: SICCPPS and AQUACHEM
- In PT Smith (Ed.), Towards Sustainable Shrimp Culture in Thailand and the Region. Proceedings of a workshop held at Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand, 28 October-1 November 1996, 1999 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Series: ACIAR Proceedings; No. 90
Series: ACIAR Proceedings; No. 90
The Second International Conference on the Culture of Penaeid Prawns and Shrimps (SICCPPS) was convened in Iloilo City by the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC) on May 14-17 1996 to bring together ...
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Shrimp farming in the Asia-Pacific: environment and trade issues and regional cooperation
- 1994 - Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
Production of farmed shrimp has grown at the phenomenal rate of 20-30% per year in the last two decades. The leading shrimp producers are in the Asia-Pacific region while the major markets are in Japan, the U.S.A. and ...
Major viral and bacterial disease problems in shrimp culture
- Aquaculture Engineering (Philippines), 1998 - Society of Aquaculture Engineers of the Philippines
Major disease problems particularly viral and bacterial in origin have resulted in significant decline in the production of farmed shrimps worldwide. The major diseases of viral and bacterial origins are listed and ...
Evaluation of leguminous seed meals and leaf meals as plant protein sources in diets for juvenile Penaeus indicus
- The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 1998 - Society of Israeli Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology
The potential of locally available legumes (white cowpea, Vigna unguiculata, and green mung-bean, Vigna radiata) and leaf meals (papaya, Carica papaya, and cassava, Manihut esculenta) in combination with defatted soybean ...