Now showing items 1-10 of 264
A new species of the sanguinea-group Quatrefages, 1866 (Annelida: Eunicidae: Marphysa) from the Philippines
- Zootaxa, 2019 - Magnolia Press
A new species of the Marphysa sanguinea group, M. iloiloensis n. sp. (Annelida: Eunicida: Eunicidae), is described from the Marine Annelids Hatchery of the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center, Aquaculture Department ...
Effects of replacing dietary fish oil with beef tallow on growth performance, serological parameters, and fatty acid composition in juvenile olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 2019 - Wiley
This study evaluated the effects of replacing fish oil (FO) with beef tallow (BT) in juvenile olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus (3.93 ± 0.07 g), over 8 weeks. Seven diets, consisting of 0, 25, 50, 75, and 100% replacement ...
The relationship between nutritional stress and digestive enzyme activities in sea cucumber Holothuria scabra
- In K Tanaka, S Morioka & S Watanabe (Eds.), Sustainable stock management and development of aquaculture technology suitable for Southeast Asia, 2012 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Series: JIRCAS Working Report; No. 75
Series: JIRCAS Working Report; No. 75
The sea cucumber Holothuria scabra (sandfish) was studied to determine what digestive enzymes are present, to perform a basic characterization of their activity, and to attempt to correlate enzyme activity with nutritional ...
Fire + water + bombs: Disaster management among academic libraries in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 2019 - Elsevier
The academic libraries in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Philippines are vulnerable to disasters. In the last ten years, the majority of the 13 respondent libraries have sustained at least one disaster that may have been ...
Micro-propagation of Kappaphycus and Eucheuma: Trends and prospects
- In AQ Hurtado, AT Critchley & IC Neish (Eds.), Tropical Seaweed Farming Trends, Problems and Opportunities, 2017 - Springer International Publishing
Among the red algae, Kappaphycus and Eucheuma are the two most commercially important carrageenophytes farmed extensively in Southeast Asian countries; they rank top in production in terms of volume of raw material produced. ...
Colonization of coral rubble by motile cryptic animals: Differences between contiguous versus raised substrates from the bottom
- Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 2016 - Elsevier
Recent studies have demonstrated that interstices of coral rubble harbor rich and diverse assemblages of motile cryptic animals. Habitats of coral rubble are prone to frequent physical disturbances, so colonization is an ...
Milkfish aquaculture in the Philippines: an overview
- In IC Liao & EM Leaño (Eds.), Milkfish aquaculture in Asia, 2010 - National Taiwan University; The Fisheries Society of Taiwan; Asian Fisheries Society; World Aquaculture Society
Milkfish farming has been, and will remain the backbone of Philippine aquaculture. To date, over 260,000 ha of brackishwater ponds, 6, 700 ha of freshwater pens and about 500 ha of marine pens and cages are used to culture ...
Biosecurity policy and legislation for the global seaweed aquaculture industry
- Journal of Applied Phycology, 2019 - Springer Verlag
Each year a significant proportion of global food production is lost to pests and diseases, with concerted efforts by government and industry focussed on application of effective biosecurity policies which attempt to ...
Gonad development and size‐at‐maturity of silver therapon Leiopotherapon plumbeus (Kner 1864; Teleostei:Terapontidae) in tropical volcanic lakes in south Luzon, Philippines
- Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2019 - Wiley
Gonad development of the silver therapon Leiopotherapon plumbeus in two volcanic crater lake habitats (Sampaloc Lake, Taal Lake) in south Luzon, Philippines was examined during the annual reproductive cycle. The minimum ...
Induction of moulting in hatchery-reared mangrove crab Scylla serrata juveniles through temperature manipulation or autotomy
- Aquaculture Research, 2019 - Wiley
The effects of temperature and autotomy of chelipeds on survival, growth and moulting of mangrove crab (Scylla serrata) juveniles were investigated under laboratory conditions for 60 days. Hatchery‐produced crabs with ...