Now showing items 1-10 of 204
Significant organotin contamination of sediment and tissues of milkfish in brackish water ponds.
- Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 1999 - Springer Verlag
Organotin pesticides, triphenyltin acetate or hydroxide have long been used as an inexpensive method to control the population of brackish water shails Cerithidea cingulata in the pond culture of milkfish (Chanos chanos ...
Yolk resorption, onset of feeding and survival potential of larvae of three tropical marine fish species reared in the hatchery
- Marine Biology, 1986 - Springer Verlag
This paper provides basic early life-history information on milkfish (Chanos chanos), seabass (Lates calcarifer) and rabbitfish (Siganus guttatus) which may explain in part the observed differences in their survival ...
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Problems associated with hormonal induction of gonad development in milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- In Lofts B. & WN Holmes (Eds.), Current Trends in Comparative Endocrinology. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium in Comparative Endocrinology, 7-11 December 1981, Hongkong, 1985 - Hong Kong University Press
Recent developments in milkfish breeeding include succesful induced spawning of wild1,2 and captive3-5 fish and spontaneous spawning of broodstock.6 Gravid spawners, however, are available ...
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Economics of milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, 21-25 November 1988, Tarawa, Kiribati, 1990 - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project
This paper discusses the costs and returns of three phases in milkfish culture as practiced in the Philippines namely: nursery; stunting or retarding the growth of milkfish fingerlings; and modular culture system. The ...
Economic assessment of commercial hatchery production of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) fry
- Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 1999 - John Wiley and Sons
The economic viabilities of two types of commercial hatchery milkfish (Chanos chanos) fry operations were assessed and compared. Based on the actual cost of input, the physical facilities, and the potential production ...
Viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport
- In D MacKinlay & M Eldridge (Eds.), The Fish Egg: Its Biology and Culture Symposium Proceedings. International Congress on the Biology of Fishes, 14-18 July 1996, San Francisco State University, 1996 - American Fisheries Society, Physiology Section
The viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport was investigated. Naturally-spawned milkfish eggs were collected and subjected to simulated or actual transport at early cleavage stage (stage ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Nutrient flow and physicochemical profile studies of an integrated poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system
- In P Sorgeloos, DA Bengtson, W Decleir & E Jaspers (Eds.), Artemia research and its applications: Vol 3. Ecology, Culturing, Use in Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on the Brine Shrimp Artemia, 1-5 September 1987, Antwerp, Belgium, 1987 - Wetteren, Belgium: Universal Press
The physicochemical and biological parameters of an integrated flow-through poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system were monitored for 6 months to determine the pattern of nutrient changes and ...