Now showing items 1-10 of 203
The effect of tank color and rotifer density on rotifer ingestion, growth and survival of milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae
- The Philippine Scientist, 1995 - San Carlos Publications, University of San Carlos
The effect of tank color on rotifer ingestion, early growth and survival of milkfish larvae was assessed. The larvae were stocked at 30/L in 200-L fiberglass tanks coated black or unpainted (tan). Larvae were fed rotifers ...
Studies on the digestive proteases of the milkfish Chanos chanos
- Marine Biology, 1982 - Springer
The protease activity of crude extracts from various organs of the digestive tract of two groups of milkfish was determined. One group (Sample A) derived their food from ponds that had predominantly unicellular algae while ...
Enrichment of live food with essential fatty acids and vitamin C: effects on milkfish (Chanos chanos) larval performance
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
The effects of essential fatty acids (EFA) and vitamin C-enriched live food on growth, survival, resistance to salinity stress and incidence of deformity in milkfish larvae reared in tanks were investigated. Larvae were ...
Effect of different stocking combinations on growth, production and survival of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forskal) and prawn (Penaeus monodon Fabricius) in polyculture in brackishwater ponds
- Aquaculture, 1981 - Elsevier
Milkfish (Chanos chanos) and prawn (Penaeus monodon) were stocked in 500 m2 earthen ponds from 12 November 1978 to 15 March 1979 at the following combinations: 2000 milkfish fingerlings per ha (treatment I); 2000 milkfish ...
Milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, Tarawa, Kiribati, 21–25 November 1988, 1990 - South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
In the Philippines, the level of intensity of Chanos chanos culture is categorized into traditional and extensive management. Pond types for different culture systems, stocking practices, acclimation practices, water ...
Basis for a blue revolution?
- In D Spurgeon (Ed.), Give us the Tools: Science and Technology for Development, 1979 - International Development Research Centre
In 1977, scientists at the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Centre (SEAFDEC) in the Philippines became the first anywhere to succeed in breeding milkfish (Chanos chanos) in captivity. The advance was made possible by ...
Influence of nutrition on the hepatocytes of Chanos chanos (Chanidae: Teleostei)
- Zoologischer Anzeiger, 1984 - Elsevier
The hepatocytes of milkfish (C. chanos) fry and fingerlings offered a variety of diets differ considerably as was shown by means of transmission electron microscopy. For fry it was shown that a 7 day starvation period ...
A study on certain aspects on the biology and control of Caligus sp., an ectoparasite of the adult milkfish Chanos chanos (Forskal)
- Fisheries Research Journal of the Philippines, 1978 - Fisheries Research Society of the Philippines
One unidentified species of copepod belonging to the genus Caligus was found to infest the adult milkfish broodstock kept in canvas tanks at the SEAFDEC research station in Mag-aba, Pandan, Antique, Philippines. This report ...
Effect of different stocking densities on survival and growth of sugpo (Penaeus monodon Fabricius) in a milkfish-rearing pond
- Philippine Journal of Science, 1976 - STII-DOST
Employing a direct stocking monoculture method, postlarval P. monodon were stocked in 8 compartments of a shallow milkfish rearing pond at densities of 1, 2, 3 and 4/sq m with replicates. Feeding was exclusively natural ...
Observations on artificial fertilization of eggs and embryonic and larval development of milkfish, Chanos chanos (Forskal)
- Aquaculture, 1978 - Elsevier
Hydrated eggs obtained from a female milkfish, Chanos chanos, were artificially fertilized with the milt collected from a male injected with acetone-dried pituitaries of salmon. The fertilized eggs (1.1–1.25 mm in diameter) ...