Now showing items 1-10 of 203
Significant organotin contamination of sediment and tissues of milkfish in brackish water ponds.
- Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 1999 - Springer Verlag
Organotin pesticides, triphenyltin acetate or hydroxide have long been used as an inexpensive method to control the population of brackish water shails Cerithidea cingulata in the pond culture of milkfish (Chanos chanos ...
Yolk resorption, onset of feeding and survival potential of larvae of three tropical marine fish species reared in the hatchery
- Marine Biology, 1986 - Springer Verlag
This paper provides basic early life-history information on milkfish (Chanos chanos), seabass (Lates calcarifer) and rabbitfish (Siganus guttatus) which may explain in part the observed differences in their survival ...
Production of hatchery-bred early juvenile milkfish (Chanos chanos) in nursery ponds through supplemental feeding
- Animal Biology and Animal Husbandry, 2012 - Bioflux Society
Hatchery-bred early juvenile Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskål, 1755) (average weight of 0.45 g) were stocked in a 500 m2 nursery pond at a density of 16 juveniles/m2 during the dry months (March-May). ...
Milkfish (Chanos chanos) fingerling production in freshwater ponds with the use of natural and artificial feeds
- Aquaculture, 1989 - Elsevier
Milkfish fry were reared to fingerling size in freshwater ponds. For the first experiment, fish were fed the blue-green algae Oscillatoria inoculated and grown in the ponds, Oscillatoria supplemented with a fishmeal-based ...
Milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, Tarawa, Kiribati, 21–25 November 1988, 1990 - South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
In the Philippines, the level of intensity of Chanos chanos culture is categorized into traditional and extensive management. Pond types for different culture systems, stocking practices, acclimation practices, water ...
Order Gonorynchiformes: Chanidae: Milkfish
- In KE Carpenter & VH Niem (Eds.), FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific. Volume 3. Batoid fishes, chimaeras and bony fishes part 1 (Elopidae to Linophrynidae), 1999 - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Use of metaldehyde as molluscicide in milkfish ponds
- In IF Henderson (Ed.), Slug and Snail Pests in Agriculture. Proceedings of a Symposium organized by The British Crop Protection Council … and The Malacological Society of London, held at the University of Kent Canterbury, UK on 24-26 September 1996, 1996 - British Crop Protection Council
METAR metaldehyde formulations were tested under laboratory and faild conditions againts brackishwater pond snails (certhium so.). Under laboratory conditions the LC50 and LC99 3 days after ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Survey on the use of natural food and supplemental feed in commercial milkfish farms on Panay, Philippines
- In Deutscher Tropentag 2000: International Agricultural Research ; a Contribution to Crisis Prevention, October 11-12 2000, University of Hohenheim, 2000 - Stuttgart University
This study evaluated the feed intake of the milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskål) in commercial brackishwater ponds under different management regimes. Feed intake and growth were compared between a rather intensive culture ...
Historical and current trends in milkfish farming in the Philippines
- In SS De Silva (Ed.), Tropical Mariculture, 1998 - Academic Press
This chapter focuses on the historical and current practices of milkfish farming in the Philippines. The Philippines ranks among the top 12 largest fish producers in the world and the milkfish, Chanos chanos, is the official ...