Now showing items 1-10 of 279
Milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, Tarawa, Kiribati, 21–25 November 1988, 1990 - South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
In the Philippines, the level of intensity of Chanos chanos culture is categorized into traditional and extensive management. Pond types for different culture systems, stocking practices, acclimation practices, water ...
Paradigm shifts in mangrove rehabilitation in Southeast Asia: Focus on the Philippines
- In HG Palis, SA Pasicolan & CI Villamor (Eds.), Proceedings of the 1st ASEAN Congress on Mangrove Research and Development, 3-7 December 2012, Manila, Philippines, 2014 - Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau (DENR-ERDB)
Mangrove rehabilitation has a long history in the Philippines dating back to the 1930s. The standard practice is the planting of bakhaw Rhizophora propagules by paid community members (or volunteers) in seafront sites ...
Review of recommendations from recent SEAFDEC workshops: SICCPPS and AQUACHEM
- In PT Smith (Ed.), Towards Sustainable Shrimp Culture in Thailand and the Region. Proceedings of a workshop held at Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand, 28 October-1 November 1996, 1999 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Series: ACIAR Proceedings; No. 90
Series: ACIAR Proceedings; No. 90
The Second International Conference on the Culture of Penaeid Prawns and Shrimps (SICCPPS) was convened in Iloilo City by the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC) on May 14-17 1996 to bring together ...
Morphological development and survival of Philippine silver therapon larvae, Leiopotherapon plumbeus (Kner, 1864) reared under different feeding schemes
- In Proceedings of the DLSU Research Congress 2016, De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines, March 7-9, 2016, 2016 - De La Salle University
Philippine silver therapon, Leiopotherapon plumbeus, locally known as ayungin, is an endemic fish species in the country. The demand for silver therapon remained high despite the decline of its population and commercial ...
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Shrimp farming in the Asia-Pacific: environment and trade issues and regional cooperation
- 1994 - Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
Production of farmed shrimp has grown at the phenomenal rate of 20-30% per year in the last two decades. The leading shrimp producers are in the Asia-Pacific region while the major markets are in Japan, the U.S.A. and ...
Aquasilviculture trials in mangroves in Aklan province, Panay Island, central Philippines
- In JIRCAS International Workshop on Brackish Water Mangrove Ecosystems - Productivity and Sustainable Utilization, 29 February - 1 March 2000, Tsukuba International Congress Center, 2000 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
To integrate production of crabs and shrimp with mangrove conservation, the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department initiated studies on Mangrove-Friendly Aquaculture (MFA). Culture pens and ponds in old growth and newly regenerating ...
Community-based stock enhancement of abalone, Haliotis asinina in Sagay marine reserve: Achievements, limitations and directions
- In K Hajime, T Iwata, Y Theparoonrat, N Manajit & VT Sulit (Eds.), Consolidating the Strategies for Fishery Resources Enhancement in Southeast Asia. Proceedings of the Symposium … Strategy for Fisheries Resources Enhancement in the Southeast Asian Region, Pattaya, Thailand, 27-30 July 2015, 2016 - Training Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
The Sagay Marine Reserve (SMR) under the National Integrated Protected Area System (NIPAS) is one of the many reef areas in the Visayan Sea in the central part of the Philippine archipelago. The SMR covers 32,000 ha or 59% ...
DNA amplicons using arbitrary primers distinguish polymorphic loci among mangrove thraustochytrid genomes
- In OCEANS 2007 - Europe, 2007 - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Thraustochytrids - lightly-pigmented estuarine and marine microheterotrophs, taxonomically aligned with heterokont algae - are of great biotechnological interest because they produce substantial amounts of polyunsaturated ...