Now showing items 1-10 of 27
Induction of moulting in hatchery-reared mangrove crab Scylla serrata juveniles through temperature manipulation or autotomy
- Aquaculture Research, 2019 - Wiley
The effects of temperature and autotomy of chelipeds on survival, growth and moulting of mangrove crab (Scylla serrata) juveniles were investigated under laboratory conditions for 60 days. Hatchery-produced crabs with ...
Artificial substratum consisting of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate-based biodegradable plastic improved the survival and overall performance of postlarval tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon
- Aquaculture Research, 2019 - Wiley
The use of artificial substratum consisting of poly‐β‐hydroxybutyrate (PHB)‐based biodegradable plastic for penaeid shrimp culture was investigated in the present study. The survival of postlarval tiger shrimp Penaeus ...
Effects of UV-treated sea water, chlorinated sea water, and formalin-treated copepods on survival and growth of newborn seahorses, Hippocampus comes
- The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 2011 - Society of Israeli Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology (SIAMB)
Seed production of the seahorse Hippocampus comes was examined using different types of sea water (UV-treated, chlorinated, sand-filtered), and formalin-treated copepod Pseudodiaptomous sp. as a food organism. Growth and ...
Morphological development and survival of Philippine silver therapon larvae, Leiopotherapon plumbeus (Kner, 1864) reared under different feeding schemes
- In Proceedings of the DLSU Research Congress 2016, De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines, March 7-9, 2016, 2016 - De La Salle University
Philippine silver therapon, Leiopotherapon plumbeus, locally known as ayungin, is an endemic fish species in the country. The demand for silver therapon remained high despite the decline of its population and commercial ...
Aquaculture-based restoration and stock enhancement of tiger shrimps in the Philippines
- In K Hajime, T Iwata, Y Theparoonrat, N Manajit & VT Sulit (Eds.), Consolidating the Strategies for Fishery Resources Enhancement in Southeast Asia. Proceedings of the Symposium … Strategy for Fisheries Resources Enhancement in the Southeast Asian Region, Pattaya, Thailand, 27-30 July 2015, 2016 - Training Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
In central Philippines, the Aquaculture Department of the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC/AQD), with strong collaboration and support from the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN) of ...
Evaluation of agar-bound microparticulate diet as alternative food in abalone hatchery: Effects of agar concentrations and feeding frequencies
- Journal of Shellfish Research, 2013 - National Shellfisheries Association
The performance of an agar-bound microparticulate diet (A-MPD) was evaluated on feeding postlarval abalone Haliotis asinina, focusing on the effects of agar concentrations and feeding frequencies. Larval abalone, obtained ...
Evaluation of dietary freeze-dried Chaetoceros calcitrans supplementation to control Vibrio harveyi infection on Penaeus monodon juvenile
- Aquaculture, 2014 - Elsevier
Effects of supplementation of diets with freeze-dried Chaetoceros calcitrans to control Vibrio harveyi infection are evaluated through immune responses, and disease resistance of juvenile Penaeus monodon. Total lipid and ...
Growth and survival of hatchery-bred giant clams (Tridacna gigas) in an ocean nursery in Sagay Marine Reserve, Philippines
- Aquaculture International, 2010 - European Aquaculture Society
To restore the diminishing population of the giant clam Tridacna gigas in Sagay Marine Reserve (SMR), Negros Occidental, central Philippines, two size classes [8- and 10-cm shell length (SL)] of hatchery-bred T. gigas were ...
Viability of a bottom-set tray ocean nursery system for Holothuria scabra Jaeger 1833
- Aquaculture Research, 2017 - Wiley
Scaling up the hatchery production of juvenile sandfish Holothuria scabra is constrained by limited hatchery space and the associated high operational costs. To shorten the hatchery rearing phase, ocean nursery systems ...
Application of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate (PHB)-based biodegradable plastic as artificial substratum in Litopenaeus vannamei culture
- Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 2019 - Springer
The use of artificial substratum made out of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) based biodegradable plastic for penaeid shrimp culture was investigated for the first time. Provision of PHB substratum consisting of PHB type P209 ...