Now showing items 1-10 of 10
Swollen hindgut syndrome (SHG) in hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian aquaculture IV: proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
In the course of routine microscopic analysis of hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae, several batches were found with hindgut abnormalities not previously described in shrimp postlarvae. The abnormality was named ...
Studies on the sources of luminescent Vibrio harveyi in Penaeus monodon hatcheries
- In M Shariff, RP Subasinghe & JR Arthur (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture I. Proceedings of the First Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 November 1990, Bali, Indonesia, 1992 - Asian Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section
One of the major problems in the otherwise highly successful Penaeus monodon hatchery industry in the Philippines is the occurrence of luminescent bacterial disease due to Vibrio harveyi. The possible sources of the bacteria ...
Qualitative and quantitative comparison of bacterial flora associated with hatchery-reared and wild-caught shrimp postlarvae
- In Proceedings of the International Workshop: Antibiotic Resistance in Aquaculture Environments, 24-25 February 2005, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2005 - ASIARESIST
Because of high mortality recorded in pond-reared shrimps due to luminescent vibriosis infection, a study was conducted to determine if postlarvae (PLs) could be major sources of luminescent bacteria (LB). Batches of ...
Studies on the chemical control of luminous bacteria Vibrio harveyi and V. splendidus isolated from diseased Penaeus monodon larvae and rearing water
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 1990 - Inter Research
The minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) and minimum bactericidal concentrations (MBCs) of 24 drugs for luminous bacteria Vibrio harveyi and V. splendidus were determined. Only chloramphenicol, sodium nifurstyrenate ...
Luminescent vibrios associated with mortality in pond-cultured shrimp penaeus monodon in the Philippines: Species composition
- Fish Pathology, 2001 - Japanese Society of Fish Pathology
Heavy mortalities due to luminescent vibriosis have been observed among pond-cultured Penaeus monodon shrimp in the Philippines. The species composition of luminescent Vibrio associated with mortalities was determined. A ...
Bacterial flora in the hepatopancreas of pond-reared Penaeus monodon juveniles with luminous vibriosis
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
Quantification and characterization of bacterial flora in the hepatopancreas (hp) of pond-reared Penaeus monodon juveniles affected with luminous bacteria were conducted in 1994 and 1995. Shrimp samples were taken from 23 ...
Prevalence of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) in wild shrimp Penaeus monodon in the Philippines
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 2007 - Inter Research
Prevalence of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) was determined using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methodology on DNA extracted from the gills of wild black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon collected from 7 sampling sites in ...
Prevalence of monodon baculovirus (MBV) in wild shrimp Penaeus monodon in the Philippines
- Aquaculture, 2008 - Elsevier
Prevalence of monodon baculovirus (MBV) was determined using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) on deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) extracts from the hepatopancreas of the wild black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon collected from 7 ...
Mortalities of pond-cultured juvenile shrimp, Penaeus monodon, associated with dominance of luminescent vibrios in the rearing environment
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
Severe mortalities due to luminescent vibrios occurred in pond-cultured Penaeus monodon juveniles particularly in the first 45 days of culture. Luminescent vibriosis epizootics led to reduced shrimp production due to ...
Mortality in pond-cultured shrimp Penaeus monodon in the Philippines associated with Vibrio harveyi and white spot syndrome virus
- Fish Pathology, 2003 - Japanese Society of Fish Pathology
Heavy mortalities were observed among pond-cultured Penaeus monodon in the provinces of Bohol, Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Norte and Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines. Vibrio harveyi was isolated purely from the hepatopancreas ...