Now showing items 1-10 of 16
The effect of diet on the reproductive performance of pond-reared Penaeus monodon Fabricius broodstock
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, Manila, Philippines, 26-31 May 1986, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Three practical diets were tested for their effects on the reproductive performance, survival and larval quality of pond-reared Penaeus monodon. Diets A, B and C were formulated to contain the same basal components but ...
Nutritional value of five marine phytoplankton species isolated from Philippine water as food for the larvae of Penaeus monodon
- In GL Rogers, R Day & A Lim (Eds.), Proceedings of the First International Conference on Warm Water Aquaculture-Crustacea, held on the Brigham Young University Hawaii Campus, February 9-11, 1983, 1983 - Brigham Young University Hawaii Campus
Feeding experiments were conducted to test the nutritional value of five marine phytoplankton species namely: Chaetoceros calcitrans, Tetrasemis sp., Dunaliella sp., Nannochloris sp. and Chlorella sp. isolated from panay ...
Effect of fatty acid composition of broodstock diet on tissue fatty acid patterns and egg fertilization and hatching in pond-reared Penaeus monodon
- Asian Fisheries Science, 1989 - Asian Fisheries Society
The effect of dietary fatty acid composition on tissue fatty acid patterns and Penaeus monodon was evaluated with the use of 3 practical diets. Diets were formulated to contain the same basal components but with various ...
Organic pollution resulting from excess feed and metabolite build-up: Effect on Penaeus monodon postlarvae
- Aquacultural Engineering, 1990 - Elsevier
Penaeus monodon postlarvae, PL, with mean weight and mean total length of 0.57 mg and 6.5 mm respectively, were stocked in aerated aquaria at 20 litre−1 of seawater. They were fed minced shrimp meat at rates of ...
Use of kappa-carrageenan microbound diet (C-MBD) as feed for Penaeus monodon larvae
- Marine Biology, 1989 - Springer Verlag
The performance of an artificial practical diet, kappa-carrageenan microbound diet (C-MBD) was assessed on Penaeus monodon larvae at the SEAFDEC Broodstock and Maturation Experimental Laboratory in March 1986. Shrimps were ...
Low-cost feed for Penaeus monodon reared in tanks and under semi-intensive and intensive conditions in brackishwater ponds
- Aquaculture, 1997 - Elsevier
Experimental diets for juvenile Penaeus monodon were formulated incorporating inexpensive indigenous raw materials. Local fish meal and cowpea meal were tested as replacements for imported protein sources and the diets did ...
Performance of recirculating systems for prawn hatchery and broodstock maturation tanks
- Aquacultural Engineering, 1991 - Elsevier
The potential use of recirculating systems with facilities for waste removal for prawn (Penaeus monodon) hatchery and broodstock maturation tanks was investigated. Recirculating systems evaluated for larval culture tanks ...
Requirements of juvenile marine shrimp, Penaeus monodon (Fabricius) for lysine and arginine
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
Feeding experiments were conducted using amino acid test diets to determine the dietary requirements of juvenile Penaeus monodon for lysine and arginine. Two sets of the test diets were prepared. The natural protein was ...
Valine requirement of postlarval tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon Fabricius
- Aquaculture Nutrition, 1996 - Wiley-Blackwell
The valine requirement of juvenile tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon Fabricius, was determined. Shrimp postlarvae, PL20, with a mean weight of 14 mg, were randomly distributed in 36 oval 40-L capacity fibreglass tanks at 10 ...
Processed meat solubles, protamino aqua, used as an ingredient in juvenile shrimp feeds
- The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 2000 - Society of Israeli Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology
The nutritive value of processed meat solubles, Protamino Aqua, a by-product from slaughter-houses, was examined in a growth trial with juvenile tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon. Experimental diets were formulated to contain ...