Now showing items 1-10 of 49
Evaluation of fish protein concentrate and lactic yeast as protein sources for shrimp feeds.
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Protein sources, hydrolyzed fish protein concentrate and plasmolyzed lactic yeast, were used to partially replace fish meal and soybean meal, respectively, in a basal diet (diet 1) at these levels; 5% fish protein concentrate ...
Nutrient flow and physicochemical profile studies of an integrated poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system
- In P Sorgeloos, DA Bengtson, W Decleir & E Jaspers (Eds.), Artemia research and its applications: Vol 3. Ecology, Culturing, Use in Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on the Brine Shrimp Artemia, 1-5 September 1987, Antwerp, Belgium, 1987 - Wetteren, Belgium: Universal Press
The physicochemical and biological parameters of an integrated flow-through poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system were monitored for 6 months to determine the pattern of nutrient changes and ...
Intensification techniques in the extensive culture of Penaeus monodon
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Traditional shrimp (Penaeus monodon) farming is characterized by low yields, 100-300 kg/ha/yr. To provide farmers with appropriate technology that can immediately improve pond yield with minimal investment, experiments ...
Problems of diseases in prawn projects.
A major factor that influeces the success of production in the prawn industry is the occurrence of disease. Early stage of prawn in hatchery-nursery systems are subject to attacks of viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoan ...
Bacterial diseases of penaeid shrimps: an Asian view
- In M Shariff, JR Arthur & RP Subasinghe (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture II : Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 25-29 October 1993, Phuket, Thailand, 1995 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
In the past 5 Yr, bacterial diseases have become limiting factors in penaeid culture systems, their effects becoming directly proportional to the growth of the industry in terms of severity and imoact. Although eight ...
Interaction of the midgut gland and the ovary in vitellogenesis and consequences for the breeding success: a comparison of unablated and ablated spawners of Penaeus monodon
- In N De Pauw, E Jaspers, H Ackefors & N Wilkins (Eds.), Aquaculture - A Biotechnology in Progress. Proceedings of the International Conference Aquaculture Europe '87, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2-5, 1987, 1989 - European Aquaculture Society
The midgut glands and ovaries of unablated and ablated females of Penaeus monodon were examined before and after spawning by light and electron microscopy to elucidate the role of the midgut gland during vitellogenesis. ...
Mineral requirements of Penaeids
- In Advances in Tropical Aquaculture: Workshop at Tahiti, French Polynesia, February 20 - March 4, 1989, 1990 - Institut Francais de Recherche pour l'Exploitation de la Mer
Series: Actes de Colloque 9
Series: Actes de Colloque 9
Marine shrimps absorb minerals from their aquatic environment aside from the minerals that come from the food they eat. Thus, the dietary requirement of shrimps for certain minerals will depend on the amounts and availability ...
Aquaculture-based restoration and stock enhancement of tiger shrimps in the Philippines
- In K Hajime, T Iwata, Y Theparoonrat, N Manajit & VT Sulit (Eds.), Consolidating the Strategies for Fishery Resources Enhancement in Southeast Asia. Proceedings of the Symposium … Strategy for Fisheries Resources Enhancement in the Southeast Asian Region, Pattaya, Thailand, 27-30 July 2015, 2016 - Training Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
In central Philippines, the Aquaculture Department of the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC/AQD), with strong collaboration and support from the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN) of ...
The use of substitute feeds in larval rearing of Penaeus monodon
- In GL Rogers, R Day & A Lim (Eds.), Proceedings of the First International Conference on Warm Water Aquaculture-Crustacea, held on the Brigham Young University Hawaii Campus, February 9-11, 1983, 1983 - Brigham Young University Hawaii Campus
Penaeus monodon larvae were stocked in 20-l conical plexiglass tanks in a water bath. Larvae were reared from protozoea to mysis I using feeds in combination with Tetraselmis sp. and Tetraselmis sp. alone. The feeds used ...
Status of shrimp nutrition and feed development in Southeast Asia.
- In S De Silva (Ed.), Fish Nutrition Research in Asia. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fish Nutrition Network Meeting, 6-10 June 1988, Bangkok, Thailand, 1989 - Asian Fisheries Society. AFS Spec. Publ. 4
World demand for shrimp has increased significantly in the last decade. Of the 32 species investigated, the most commonly cultured in Southeast Asia is the Penaeus monodon . Formulated feed constituted around 50% of the ...