Now showing items 1-10 of 47
Studies on the egg quality of Penaeus monodon Fabricius, based on morphology and hatching rates
- Aquaculture, 1981 - Elsevier
Eggs of Penaeus monodon are classified into five different types on the basis of morphological criteria and hatching rates — A1 eggs undergo normal development with 58% hatching rate; A2 eggs show delayed and/or abnormal ...
Effect of light quality and eyestalk ablation on ovarian maturation in Penaeus monodon
- Kalikasan, The Philippine Journal of Biology, 1981 - University of the Philippines Los Baños
Prawns were subjected to the following treatments: blue light, red light, natural light, and natural light plus unilateral eyestalk ablation. Unablated prawns under blue and natural light developed stage III ovaries; under ...
Effects of different sex ratios on maturation, fecundity and hatching rates of ablated Penaeus monodon wild stock.
- Fisheries Research Journal of the Philippines, 1980 - Fisheries Research Society of the Philippines
The minimum number of males per female that would still ensure high maturation, fecundity and hatching rates in Penaeus monodon broodstock, is determined. Wild stock P. monodon were stocked in 4 m diameter circular tanks ...
Effect of substrate types on fecundity and nauplii production of ablated Penaeus monodon Fabricius.
- The Philippine Journal of Science, 1980 - Science and Technology Information Institute, Department of Science and Technology
The survival, spawning, fecundity, and nauplii production of ablated Penaeus monodon females reared in flow-through broodstock tanks with white coralline and black sand substrates for 62 days, were assessed. Prawns exposed ...
Effect of fatty acid composition of broodstock diet on tissue fatty acid patterns and egg fertilization and hatching in pond-reared Penaeus monodon
- Asian Fisheries Science, 1989 - Asian Fisheries Society
The effect of dietary fatty acid composition on tissue fatty acid patterns and Penaeus monodon was evaluated with the use of 3 practical diets. Diets were formulated to contain the same basal components but with various ...
Seasonal variation in food and feeding of Penaeus monodon Fabricius (Decapoda, Natantia)
- Crustaceana, 1982 - E.J. Brill
A preliminary study on feeding habits of P. monodon F. (cf. Marte, 1980) indicated seasonal variations in feeding in this species. Similar observations have been reported for P. aztecus Ives and P. duorarum Burkenroad. The ...
Preliminary results of feeding aquatic macrophytes to Penaeus monodon juveniles
- Aquaculture, 1989 - Elsevier
Penaeus monodon juveniles (PL50) were fed live and decaying aquatic macrophytes and a commercial grow-out pellet (40% crude protein) in 80-l glass tanks over a 30-day period. Growth and survival were significantly ...
Evaluation of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forskal) and prawn (Penaeus monodon Fabricus) in polyculture system
- Fisheries Research Journal of the Philippines, 1982 - Fisheries Research Society of the Philippines
The growth, survival and profitability of milkfish (C. chanos ) and prawn (Penaeus monodon ) (averaging 3.1 g and 0.3 g, respectively) grown in five different combinations for 100 days in 500-m super(2) brackishwater ponds ...
Survival, growth and production of Penaeus monodon Fabricius at different stocking densities in earthen ponds with flow-through system and supplemental feeding.
- Fisheries Research Journal of the Philippines, 1981 - Fisheries Research Society of the Philippines
Penaeus monodon juveniles (P53-P54, 0.45 g) were stocked in 200 m2 earthen ponds with water exchange rate of 5-10% daily, and reared for 3.5 months. Stocking density levels of 2.5, 5.0, 10 ...
Effect of salinity on the osmotic, chloride, total protein and calcium concentrations in the hemolymph of the prawn Peneaus monodon (Fabricius)
- Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part A: Physiology, 1986 - Elsevier
1. Osmolality and chloride concentrations in the hemolymph of Penaeus monodon became stable 1 day after molting in 32 ppt, while total protein and calcium concentrations remained stable throughout the molting cycle. When ...