Now showing items 1-10 of 15
- In S Manarungsan, EEC Flores, CL Marte & K Igusa (Eds.), The Possibilities of Technical Cooperation Between Southeast Asia and Okinawa Prefecture in Japan, 1996 - Institute of Developing Economies
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Recent developments in freshwater and marine cage aquaculture in the Philippines
- In IC Liao & CK Lin (Eds.), Cage Aquaculture in Asia: Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Cage Aquaculture in Asia, 2-6 November 1999, Tungkang Marine Laboratory, Taiwan Fisheries Research Institute, Tungkang, Taiwan, 2000 - Asian Fisheries Society; World Aquaculture Society - Southeast Asian Chapter
Fish production from freshwater cages and pens, and marine cages and pens constitute 19% of the total foodfish produced from aquaculture in the Philippines. In 1998, production from freshwater cages and pens contributed ...
The plight of older women in a fishing village: The women fish traders of Bugtong Bato, Aklan, central Philippines
- In MJ Williams, MC Nandeesha, VP Corral, E Tech & PS Choo (Eds.), International Symposium on Women in Asian Fisheries: Fifth Asian Fisheries Forum, 13 November 1998, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2001 - ICLARM
The changing nature of the fisheries in Bugtong Bato, a small fishing community in Central Philippines has also changed the role of women, particularly of older women, in the community. Until the 1980s, fishing used mainly ...
Serum steroid hormones, reproductive and larval performance of the Asian catfish Clarias macrocephalus (Gunther) during the off- and peak reproductive seasons
- In JYL Yu (Ed.), Recent Advances in Comparative Endocrinology. Proceedings of the Fourth Congress of the Asia and Oceana Society for Comparative Endocrinology, May 14-18, 2000, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C, 2001 - Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Serum samples were taken from gravid female catfish 0 to 24 h after injection of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone analogue (LHRHa) and pimozide (PIM) to monitor the serum steroid hormone levels during the off seasons ...
Milkfish culture and artificial propagation
- In DR Idler, LW Crim & JM Walsh (Eds.), Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on the Reproductive Physiology of Fish, 2-7 August 1987, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, 1987 - Marine Science Research Laboratory, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) is widely distributed in the Indo-Pacific region and one of the most extensively cultured fish in Southeast Asia. In the Philippines, Indonesia and Taiwan, over 400,000 hectares of ...
Grouper research at the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center Aquaculture Department
- In Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation & Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific (Eds.), Report of the APEC/NACA Cooperative Grouper Aquaculture Workshop, Hat Yai, Thailand 7-9 April 1999, 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
This paper provides information on grouper research activities that have been carried out in SEAFDEC AQD. It covers various aspects such as broodstock management, seed production, nursery and grow-out culture techniques.
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...