Now showing items 1-10 of 49
Current fish disease problems in the Philippines and their economic impact
An account is given of fish disease problems facing the aquaculture industry in the Philippines. The Laguna de Bay fish kills that occurred in December 1985 and February 1986, involving epizootic ulcerative syndrome of ...
A suctorean parasite of Penaeus monodon larvae
- In Proceedings of the Second Biennial Crustacean Health Workshop, 1977 April 20-22, Galveston, Texas, 1979 - Sea Grant College Program, Texas A&M University
A pathogenic suctorean, identified as Ephelota gemmipara was observed in P. monodon larvae spawned and reared in tanks. Commonly found to inhabit hydroid colonies, E. gemmipara has a stalked body with two types of tentacles, ...
Protein and dry matter digestibility of feedstuffs in complete diets for Penaeus monodon
- In Y Zhou, H Zhou, C Yao, Y Lu, F Hu, H Cui & F Din (Eds.), The Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum, Beijing, 16-20 October 1995, 1997 - Asian Fisheries Society
The digestibilities of animal and plant protein sources were determined for P. monodon (30 ~ 40 g wet weight). Protein sources were incorporated in complete diets containing the indicator, chromic oxide at 1.8%. Casein, ...
Studies on the sources of luminescent Vibrio harveyi in Penaeus monodon hatcheries
- In M Shariff, RP Subasinghe & JR Arthur (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture I. Proceedings of the First Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 November 1990, Bali, Indonesia, 1992 - Asian Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section
One of the major problems in the otherwise highly successful Penaeus monodon hatchery industry in the Philippines is the occurrence of luminescent bacterial disease due to Vibrio harveyi. The possible sources of the bacteria ...
Larval rearing of Penaeus monodon: Feeds and feeding techniques
- In RD Fortes, LC Darvin & DL de Guzman (Eds.), Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Seminar-Workshop on Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition, 25-26 February 1985, Iloilo City, Philippines, 1989 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development
Larval rearing of P.monodon requires mass culture of selected phytoplankton and zooplankton species. In the protozocal stage, Skelatonoma; Chaetoceros or Tetraselmis is given singly or in combination. The rotifer Brachionus ...
Growth and external reproductive parameters in pond-reared Penaeus monodon.
- In PM Aliño (Ed.), Proceedings of the Second National Symposium in Marine Science, 5-7 November 1992, Mindanao State University, Tawi-tawi, Philippines, 1994 - University of the Philippines, Marine Science Institute
Pond-reared Penaeus monodon males and females were sampled regularly over a 4 month period of length and weight measurments to the body and external reproductive organs; joining of the petasmata and the presence of sperm ...
Shrimp diseases in the Philippines: a historical perspective of research, training and development.
- 1998 - Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of Qingdao
Pioneering research on shrimp diseases in the Philippines was spearheaded at the Aquaculture Department of the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center at Tigbauan, Iloilo in 1975. Investigations initially covered ...
The evaluation of hydraulic characteristics of some fish culture tanks.
In search for the most efficient type of tank for the culture of rainbow trout, the hydraulic characteristics of small-scale cross-section raceway, circular and vertical tanks were evaluated using the pulse-response method ...
Studies on the efficacy of Sarafin® (sarafloxacin hydrochloride) on vibrios associated with vibriosis in black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon)
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture IV. Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
Effect of supplemental lecithin and lipid sources on the growth and survival of Penaeus monodon juveniles
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Penaeus monodon juveniles were reared in 60-liter fiberglass oval tanks in a flow-through seawater system for 8 weeks to determine the effect of lecithin and type of lipid on growth and survival. Nine isonitrogenous and ...