Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...
Grouper research at the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center Aquaculture Department
- In Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation & Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific (Eds.), Report of the APEC/NACA Cooperative Grouper Aquaculture Workshop, Hat Yai, Thailand 7-9 April 1999, 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
This paper provides information on grouper research activities that have been carried out in SEAFDEC AQD. It covers various aspects such as broodstock management, seed production, nursery and grow-out culture techniques.
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Microbound larval feed as supplement to live food for milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91 - Fish & Crustacean Larviculture Symposium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society
Highly variable results using Brachionus as food for milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae may be related to: (1) relatively low content of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) in Brachionus and (2) inability of first feeding ...