Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Problems associated with hormonal induction of gonad development in milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- In Lofts B. & WN Holmes (Eds.), Current Trends in Comparative Endocrinology. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium in Comparative Endocrinology, 7-11 December 1981, Hongkong, 1985 - Hong Kong University Press
Recent developments in milkfish breeeding include succesful induced spawning of wild1,2 and captive3-5 fish and spontaneous spawning of broodstock.6 Gravid spawners, however, are available ...
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Microbound larval feed as supplement to live food for milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91 - Fish & Crustacean Larviculture Symposium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society
Highly variable results using Brachionus as food for milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae may be related to: (1) relatively low content of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) in Brachionus and (2) inability of first feeding ...