Now showing items 1-7 of 7
Larval intervals of the sea bass, Lates calcarifer, based on the development of swimming and feeding functions.
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, JK, Ding, KK Hooi, HW, Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Developmental sequences of characters concerned in swimming and feeding function were examined on laboratory-reared seabass larvae. Based on a scheme of development events constructed in this study, the early life hisory ...
Morphological development of the swimming and feeding apparatus in larval rabbitfish, Siganus guttatus.
The development of body parts for swimming and feeding in Siganus guttatus larvae was studied in samples reared in the laboratory at temperatures of 27.3-30 degree C. From the observations, the larval stage of S. guttatus ...
Microbound larval feed as supplement to live food for milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91 - Fish & Crustacean Larviculture Symposium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society
Highly variable results using Brachionus as food for milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae may be related to: (1) relatively low content of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) in Brachionus and (2) inability of first feeding ...
Management of fish health in broodstock and larvae of milkfish, sea bass and grouper
- In K Main & C Rosenfeld (Eds.), Aquaculture health management strategies for marine fishes : proceedings of a workshop in Honolulu, Hawaii, October 9- 13, 1995, 1996 - The Oceanic Institute
Historically, reports on the occurrence of disease problems in milkfish, seabass and grouper were mainly on the isolation and identification of etiological agents. Studies on the tolereance of fish to chemotherapeutants ...
Viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport
- In D MacKinlay & M Eldridge (Eds.), The Fish Egg: Its Biology and Culture Symposium Proceedings. International Congress on the Biology of Fishes, 14-18 July 1996, San Francisco State University, 1996 - American Fisheries Society, Physiology Section
The viability of milkfish eggs and larvae after simulated and actual transport was investigated. Naturally-spawned milkfish eggs were collected and subjected to simulated or actual transport at early cleavage stage (stage ...
Optimized feeding strategies in the larviculture of the Asian seabass Lates calcarifer.
- In R Hirano & I Hanyu (Eds.), The Second Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Second Asian Fisheries Forum, 17-22 April 1989, Tokyo, Japan, 1990 - Asian Fisheries Society
This paper reports on the progress made at the Tigbauan hatchery of SEAFDEC in the Philippines, with the larviculture of the Asian seabass Lates calcarifer when using w3-HUFA enriched Brachionus and Artemia . In view of ...
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society