Now showing items 1-7 of 7
Second International Conference on the Culture of Penaeid Prawns and Shrimps: Proceedings of an International Conference held at Iloilo City from 13-17 May 1996
- 1998 - Elsevier
Abstracts of the papers presented at the conference are cited individually.
Socio-economic impacts of shrimp culture
- In M Beveridge, R Fuchs, J Furberg, N Kautsky, A Reilly & P Sorgeloos (Eds.), Aquaculture Research and Sustainable Development in Inland and Coastal Regions in South-East Asia: Proceedings of an IFS/EU Workshop, Can Tho, Vietnam, 18-22 March 1996, 1998 - International Foundation for Science (IFS)
Farmed shrimp contributed 27% of total world shrimp production in 1995 with a volume of 712,000 tonnes ('metric tonnes,' t). Undoubtedly, the shrimp culture industry earns valuable foreign exchange for developing countries ...
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Urease activity in soybean meal: effect on its nutritional quality and on growth and survival of Penaeus monodon juveniles.
- In Aquaculture Research and Sustainable Development in Inland and Coastal Regions in South-East Asia, Proceedings of an IFS/EU Workshop, Can Tho, Vietnam, 18-22 March 1996, 1998 - International Foundation for Science
Based on the results of a survey conducted on the urease activity (UA) in commercial shrimp feed containing soybean meal (SBM) (0.00-29. 70 ppm UA), a study was carried out to determine the effects of different heat ...
Will microbial manipulation sustain the ecological balance in shrimp (Penaeus monodon) hatcheries?
- In TW Flegel (Ed.), Advances in Shrimp Biotechnology : Proceedings to the special session on shrimp biotechnology, 5th Asian Fisheries Forum, 11-14 November 1998, Chiengmai, Thailand, 1998 - National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
A shift in preferred methods employed to contain bacterial diseases in the hatchery phase of shrimp culture has resulted largely from the unsuccessful control by and deleterious effects of chemotherapy. Manipulation of ...
Zooplankton distribution during winter using Two-Way Indicator Species Analysis (TWINSPAN) and Canonical Correspondence Analysis (CANOCO).
Spatial distribution and community structure of zooplankton species and its relationships with the environmental parameters (temperature, salinity, and turbidity and phytoplankton distribution) in some sandbanks of the ...
Shrimp diseases in the Philippines: a historical perspective of research, training and development.
- 1998 - Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of Qingdao
Pioneering research on shrimp diseases in the Philippines was spearheaded at the Aquaculture Department of the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center at Tigbauan, Iloilo in 1975. Investigations initially covered ...