Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Supplementation of grouper (Epinephelus coioides) weaning diet with different sources of phospholipids
- In CI Henry, G Van Stappen, M Wille & P Sorgeloos (Eds.), Larvi 2001 : 3rd Fish & Shellfish Larviculture Symposium, Gent, Belgium, September 3-6, 2001, 2001 - European Aquaculture Society
In a rapidly growing fish, phospholipid requirements are high due to rapid membrane development. At an early stage, larvae cannot synthesize large amounts of phospholipids for membrane development, which should therefore ...
Development of environment-friendly aquaculture technologies and practices
- In M Maeda, Y Maeno & M Yokoyama (Eds.), Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas, 2002 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
The significant role of aquaculture in providing food security has been recognized, not only through its contribution to food supply, but also through the promotion of economic and social well-being. Aquaculture is also ...
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...
Status of breeding and larval rearing of groupers
- In Report of the Regional Workshop on Sustainable Seafarming and Grouper Aquaculture, Medan, Indonesia, 17-20 April 2000. Collaborative APEC Grouper Research and Development Network (FWG 01/99), 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
Attempts to breed groupers in captivity started about four decades ago. Ukawa et al. (1966) described the successful fertilization and embryonic development of the red grouper Epinephelus akaara. Fueled by the high market ...
Culture of grouper, sea bass and red snapper
- In Fishlink 2001, 29-31 May 2001, Sarabia Manor Hotel, Iloilo City, 2001 - University of the Philippines Aquaculture Society, Inc.
Marine fish production has increased dramatically in the past ten years and majority of the cultured species were produced in Asia in 1992. Increase in production was accompanied with concerns on increasing outbreak of ...
Grouper research at the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center Aquaculture Department
- In Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation & Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific (Eds.), Report of the APEC/NACA Cooperative Grouper Aquaculture Workshop, Hat Yai, Thailand 7-9 April 1999, 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
This paper provides information on grouper research activities that have been carried out in SEAFDEC AQD. It covers various aspects such as broodstock management, seed production, nursery and grow-out culture techniques.