Now showing items 1-9 of 9
The effect of diet on the reproductive performance of pond-reared Penaeus monodon Fabricius broodstock
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, Manila, Philippines, 26-31 May 1986, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Three practical diets were tested for their effects on the reproductive performance, survival and larval quality of pond-reared Penaeus monodon. Diets A, B and C were formulated to contain the same basal components but ...
Studies on broodstock of sugpo Penaeus monodon Fabricius and other penaeids at the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department
- In Proceedings of the Symposium on Coastal Aquaculture held at Cochin from January 12 to 18, 1980. Part 1: Prawn Culture, 1982 - Cochin, India: The Marine Biological Association of India
For hatchery production of Penaeus monodon and other penaeid fry, the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department is dependent mainly on captive broodstock in the form of ablated females, using up to 1,500 spawners in one year. The ...
The environmental effects of aquaculture with emphasis on the intensive prawn farming in the Philippines.
- In P Koomsup (Ed.), Economic Development and the Environment in ASEAN Countries. Proceedings of the Sixteenth Conference of the Federation of ASEAN Economic Associations, 28-30 November 1991, Bangkok, Thailand, 1993 - The Economic Society of Thailand
Shrimp farming in the Asia-Pacific: environment and trade issues and regional cooperation
- 1994 - Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
Production of farmed shrimp has grown at the phenomenal rate of 20-30% per year in the last two decades. The leading shrimp producers are in the Asia-Pacific region while the major markets are in Japan, the U.S.A. and ...
Induced maturation in ablated Penaeus notialis and Penaeus schmitti
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Wild Penaeus notialis and P. schmitti were induced to mature by unilateral eyestalk ablation of females in 0.5, 1.6 and 2.0-m super(3) tanks stocked at 9-12 shrimps/m super(3). A total of 71 spawns was obtained from 80 P. ...
Survival, maturation, fecundity and hatching rates of unablated and ablated Penaeus indicus H.M. Edwards from brackishwater ponds
- In Proceedings of the Symposium on Coastal Aquaculture, 12-18 January 1980, Cochin, India. Part 1: Prawn Culture, 1982 - The Marine Biological Association of India
Penaeus indicus H. M. Edwards harvested after three months of rearing in brackishwater ponds and averaging 6.9 g for females and 5.6 g for males were stocked in two 12 cu m flowthrough ferrocement tanks at 240 females and ...
Development of broodstock for small-scale shrimp hatchery (with particular reference to Penaeus monodon)
- In Working Party on Small-Scale Shrimp/Prawn Hatcheries in Southeast Asia, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia, 16-21 November 1981, 1982 - South China Sea Fisheries Development and Coordinating Programme
To be self-sufficient in spawner/larval supply, a small-scale Penaeus monodon hatchery should have the following: 1) broodstock tanks or pens depending on location and other factors; 2) pond sources of broodstock of ...
Socio-economic impacts of shrimp culture
- In M Beveridge, R Fuchs, J Furberg, N Kautsky, A Reilly & P Sorgeloos (Eds.), Aquaculture Research and Sustainable Development in Inland and Coastal Regions in South-East Asia: Proceedings of an IFS/EU Workshop, Can Tho, Vietnam, 18-22 March 1996, 1998 - International Foundation for Science (IFS)
Farmed shrimp contributed 27% of total world shrimp production in 1995 with a volume of 712,000 tonnes ('metric tonnes,' t). Undoubtedly, the shrimp culture industry earns valuable foreign exchange for developing countries ...
A primer on putian.
- In National Conference on Prawn-Fish Farming Technology, 23-24 October 1986, Makati, Metro Manila, 1986 - Fishfarmers Technical Assistance Foundation, Inc
With the growing interest among fishfarmars in the culture of sugpo or Penaeus monodon, some attention is being focused on the lesser known prawns and shrimps such as putian, Hipong puti (Tagalog), putian (Cebuano, Ilongo), ...