Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Aqua-mangrove integrated farming: shrimp and mud crab culture in coastal and inland tidal flats with existing reforested or natural growth of mangroves
Throughout the tropics, mangroves are being destroyed at an increasing rate for the development of aquaculture ponds. In the Philippines, for instance, mangroves were about 400,000 to 500,000 ha in 1918 but were reduced ...
Aquaculture industry profile and trends
- In Fishlink 2001, 29-31 May 2001, Iloilo City, Philippines, 2001 - University of the Philippines Aquaculture Society, Inc.
Development of environment-friendly aquaculture technologies and practices
- In M Maeda, Y Maeno & M Yokoyama (Eds.), Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas, 2002 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
The significant role of aquaculture in providing food security has been recognized, not only through its contribution to food supply, but also through the promotion of economic and social well-being. Aquaculture is also ...
Swollen hindgut syndrome (SHG) in hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian aquaculture IV: proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
In the course of routine microscopic analysis of hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae, several batches were found with hindgut abnormalities not previously described in shrimp postlarvae. The abnormality was named ...
Disease management in shrimp farming
- In S Subasinghe & T Singh (Eds.), Production and Marketing of Shrimp: Trends & Outlook. Proceedings of Shrimp 2001 Chennai, The Fourth World Conference on the Shrimp Industry and Trade and Buyer-Seller Meet, 27-29 September 2001, Chennai, India, 2002 - INFOFISH
Shrimp monoculture systems have been beset with devastating losses due to infectious diseases and environmental deterioration. On a global scale, efforts to make shrimp culture a sustainable industry are warranted because ...
Studies on the efficacy of Sarafin® (sarafloxacin hydrochloride) on vibrios associated with vibriosis in black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon)
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture IV. Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society