Now showing items 1-10 of 21
A primer on putian.
- In National Conference on Prawn-Fish Farming Technology, 23-24 October 1986, Makati, Metro Manila, 1986 - Fishfarmers Technical Assistance Foundation, Inc
With the growing interest among fishfarmars in the culture of sugpo or Penaeus monodon, some attention is being focused on the lesser known prawns and shrimps such as putian, Hipong puti (Tagalog), putian (Cebuano, Ilongo), ...
Current fish disease problems in the Philippines and their economic impact
An account is given of fish disease problems facing the aquaculture industry in the Philippines. The Laguna de Bay fish kills that occurred in December 1985 and February 1986, involving epizootic ulcerative syndrome of ...
Current status of prawn farming and prawn health management in the Philippines.
- In J Turnbull, P Chanrathchakool & IH MacRae (Eds.), Proceedings of the Southeast Asia Aquatic Disease Control Project (SEAADCP) Prawn Health Management Workshop, 10-20 January 1994, Bangkok, Thailand, 1994 - Aquatic Animal Health Research Institute
Nutrient flow and physicochemical profile studies of an integrated poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system
- In P Sorgeloos, DA Bengtson, W Decleir & E Jaspers (Eds.), Artemia research and its applications: Vol 3. Ecology, Culturing, Use in Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on the Brine Shrimp Artemia, 1-5 September 1987, Antwerp, Belgium, 1987 - Wetteren, Belgium: Universal Press
The physicochemical and biological parameters of an integrated flow-through poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system were monitored for 6 months to determine the pattern of nutrient changes and ...
Aqua-mangrove integrated farming: shrimp and mud crab culture in coastal and inland tidal flats with existing reforested or natural growth of mangroves
Throughout the tropics, mangroves are being destroyed at an increasing rate for the development of aquaculture ponds. In the Philippines, for instance, mangroves were about 400,000 to 500,000 ha in 1918 but were reduced ...
The environmental effects of aquaculture with emphasis on the intensive prawn farming in the Philippines.
- In P Koomsup (Ed.), Economic Development and the Environment in ASEAN Countries. Proceedings of the Sixteenth Conference of the Federation of ASEAN Economic Associations, 28-30 November 1991, Bangkok, Thailand, 1993 - The Economic Society of Thailand
Bacterial diseases of penaeid shrimps: an Asian view
- In M Shariff, JR Arthur & RP Subasinghe (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture II : Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 25-29 October 1993, Phuket, Thailand, 1995 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
In the past 5 Yr, bacterial diseases have become limiting factors in penaeid culture systems, their effects becoming directly proportional to the growth of the industry in terms of severity and imoact. Although eight ...
Problems of diseases in prawn projects.
A major factor that influeces the success of production in the prawn industry is the occurrence of disease. Early stage of prawn in hatchery-nursery systems are subject to attacks of viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoan ...
Shrimp farming in the Asia-Pacific: environment and trade issues and regional cooperation
- 1994 - Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
Production of farmed shrimp has grown at the phenomenal rate of 20-30% per year in the last two decades. The leading shrimp producers are in the Asia-Pacific region while the major markets are in Japan, the U.S.A. and ...
An integrated semi-intensive shrimp and livestock system in the Philippines.
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
The development of shrimp (Penaeus monodon) production system integrated with livestock was undertaken at the Sycip Plantation Inc., Negros Orienta, Philippines, as a result of crop diversificstion efforts in the province. ...