Now showing items 1-10 of 69
Response of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fry to diets containing Azolla meal
- In RSV Pullin, T Bhukaswan, K Tonguthai & JL Maclean (Eds.), The Second International Symposium on Tilapia in Aquaculture, 16-20 March 1987, Bangkok, Thailand, 1988 - Department of Fisheries, Bangkok, Thailand; International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management
Sun-dried Azolla pinnata was ground and incorporated into experimental diets at various levels (8.50, 17.00, 25.46, 34.00 and 42.45% of the diets) to replace fish meal in a control diet isonitrogenously. All feeds contained ...
The ecological impact of tilapia cage culture in Sampaloc Lake, Philippines
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Sampaloc lake showed imminent biological death as a consequence of intensive tilapia farming in floating net cages. The progressive disappearance of dissolved oxygen in the entire water column may be an irreversible trend ...
Egg size and larval size among teleosts: implications to survival potential
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
A survey of the early life history characteristics of 135 teleost fishes from freshwater, marine, tropical, temperate and boreal habitats show the influence of egg size and larval size on survival potential. Marine species ...
Use of metaldehyde as molluscicide in milkfish ponds
- In IF Henderson (Ed.), Slug and Snail Pests in Agriculture. Proceedings of a Symposium organized by The British Crop Protection Council … and The Malacological Society of London, held at the University of Kent Canterbury, UK on 24-26 September 1996, 1996 - British Crop Protection Council
METAR metaldehyde formulations were tested under laboratory and faild conditions againts brackishwater pond snails (certhium so.). Under laboratory conditions the LC50 and LC99 3 days after ...
Survey on the use of natural food and supplemental feed in commercial milkfish farms on Panay, Philippines
- In Deutscher Tropentag 2000: International Agricultural Research ; a Contribution to Crisis Prevention, October 11-12 2000, University of Hohenheim, 2000 - Stuttgart University
This study evaluated the feed intake of the milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskål) in commercial brackishwater ponds under different management regimes. Feed intake and growth were compared between a rather intensive culture ...
Microbound larval feed as supplement to live food for milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91 - Fish & Crustacean Larviculture Symposium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society
Highly variable results using Brachionus as food for milkfish (Chanos chanos) larvae may be related to: (1) relatively low content of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) in Brachionus and (2) inability of first feeding ...
Economics of milkfish culture in the Philippines
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, 21-25 November 1988, Tarawa, Kiribati, 1990 - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project
This paper discusses the costs and returns of three phases in milkfish culture as practiced in the Philippines namely: nursery; stunting or retarding the growth of milkfish fingerlings; and modular culture system. The ...
Mariculture techniques for Epinephelus sp. in the Philippines
- In RD Guerrero III & MP Garcia Jr. (Eds.), Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture: Proceedings of the First Philippine-French Technical Workshop on Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture, October 24-26, 1990, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines, 1991 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development; French Embassy in the Philippines
This paper reviews the status of different techniques that are presently practiced for Ephinephelus sp. culture in the Philippines. Constraints and problems encountered as well as possible solutions are also discussed.
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in milkfish Chanos chanos Forsskal
- In E Ohnishi, Y Nagahama & H Ishizaki (Eds.), Proceedings of the First Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE), 4-7 November 1987, Nagoya, Japan, 1987 - Nagoya University Corporation
In spite of the economic importance of milkfish to the Southeast Asia, relatively little information is available on its reproductive biology and physiology. Milkfish has a prolonged juvenile phase undergoes first sexual ...
Grouper research at the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center Aquaculture Department
- In Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation & Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific (Eds.), Report of the APEC/NACA Cooperative Grouper Aquaculture Workshop, Hat Yai, Thailand 7-9 April 1999, 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
This paper provides information on grouper research activities that have been carried out in SEAFDEC AQD. It covers various aspects such as broodstock management, seed production, nursery and grow-out culture techniques.