Now showing items 21-30 of 44
Protein and dry matter digestibility of feedstuffs in complete diets for Penaeus monodon
- In Y Zhou, H Zhou, C Yao, Y Lu, F Hu, H Cui & F Din (Eds.), The Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum, Beijing, 16-20 October 1995, 1997 - Asian Fisheries Society
The digestibilities of animal and plant protein sources were determined for P. monodon (30 ~ 40 g wet weight). Protein sources were incorporated in complete diets containing the indicator, chromic oxide at 1.8%. Casein, ...
Studies on the sources of luminescent Vibrio harveyi in Penaeus monodon hatcheries
- In M Shariff, RP Subasinghe & JR Arthur (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture I. Proceedings of the First Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 November 1990, Bali, Indonesia, 1992 - Asian Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section
One of the major problems in the otherwise highly successful Penaeus monodon hatchery industry in the Philippines is the occurrence of luminescent bacterial disease due to Vibrio harveyi. The possible sources of the bacteria ...
Formulated feeds for Penaeus monodon
- In Report of the Workshop on Shrimp and Finfish Feed Development, 25-29 October 1998, Johore Bahru, Malaysia, 1989 - ASEAN/UNDP/FAO Regional Small-Scale Coastal Fisheries Development Project
The paper discusses the food and feeding habits of Penaeus monodon , present knowledge of nutrient requirements and available formulation in the market including those developed at the Aquaculture Department, Southeast ...
Development of environment-friendly aquaculture technologies and practices
- In M Maeda, Y Maeno & M Yokoyama (Eds.), Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas, 2002 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
The significant role of aquaculture in providing food security has been recognized, not only through its contribution to food supply, but also through the promotion of economic and social well-being. Aquaculture is also ...
Shrimp health research in the Asia-Pacific: present status and future directives
- In RP Subasinghe, JR Arthur & M Shariff (Eds.), Health Management in Asian Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Regional Expert Consultation on Aquaculture Health Management in Asia and the Pacific, 1996 - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Shrimp harvests from intensive aquaculture have recently declined in areas which have been productive for many years. Because the most convenient, although not necessarily factual, explanation for these crop failures has ...
Swollen hindgut syndrome (SHG) in hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian aquaculture IV: proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
In the course of routine microscopic analysis of hatchery-reared Penaeus monodon postlarvae, several batches were found with hindgut abnormalities not previously described in shrimp postlarvae. The abnormality was named ...
Disease management in shrimp farming
- In S Subasinghe & T Singh (Eds.), Production and Marketing of Shrimp: Trends & Outlook. Proceedings of Shrimp 2001 Chennai, The Fourth World Conference on the Shrimp Industry and Trade and Buyer-Seller Meet, 27-29 September 2001, Chennai, India, 2002 - INFOFISH
Shrimp monoculture systems have been beset with devastating losses due to infectious diseases and environmental deterioration. On a global scale, efforts to make shrimp culture a sustainable industry are warranted because ...
Studies on the efficacy of Sarafin® (sarafloxacin hydrochloride) on vibrios associated with vibriosis in black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon)
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture IV. Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
Induced maturation in ablated Penaeus notialis and Penaeus schmitti
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Wild Penaeus notialis and P. schmitti were induced to mature by unilateral eyestalk ablation of females in 0.5, 1.6 and 2.0-m super(3) tanks stocked at 9-12 shrimps/m super(3). A total of 71 spawns was obtained from 80 P. ...
Survival, maturation, fecundity and hatching rates of unablated and ablated Penaeus indicus H.M. Edwards from brackishwater ponds
- In Proceedings of the Symposium on Coastal Aquaculture, 12-18 January 1980, Cochin, India. Part 1: Prawn Culture, 1982 - The Marine Biological Association of India
Penaeus indicus H. M. Edwards harvested after three months of rearing in brackishwater ponds and averaging 6.9 g for females and 5.6 g for males were stocked in two 12 cu m flowthrough ferrocement tanks at 240 females and ...