Now showing items 21-30 of 43
Spawner size and the biological components of the reproduction process in Penaeus monodon Fabricius.
The biological components of the reproduction process of Penaeus monodon spawners collected from the wild along Tigbauan-Guimbal coastal area, Philippines, were evaluated. Data were collected on wet body weight, eggs per ...
Disease management in shrimp farming
- In S Subasinghe & T Singh (Eds.), Production and Marketing of Shrimp: Trends & Outlook. Proceedings of Shrimp 2001 Chennai, The Fourth World Conference on the Shrimp Industry and Trade and Buyer-Seller Meet, 27-29 September 2001, Chennai, India, 2002 - INFOFISH
Shrimp monoculture systems have been beset with devastating losses due to infectious diseases and environmental deterioration. On a global scale, efforts to make shrimp culture a sustainable industry are warranted because ...
Studies on the efficacy of Sarafin® (sarafloxacin hydrochloride) on vibrios associated with vibriosis in black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon)
- In CR Lavilla-Pitogo & ER Cruz-Lacierda (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture IV. Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 22-26 November 1999, Cebu City, Philippines, 2002 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
Development of broodstock for small-scale shrimp hatchery (with particular reference to Penaeus monodon)
- In Working Party on Small-Scale Shrimp/Prawn Hatcheries in Southeast Asia, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia, 16-21 November 1981, 1982 - South China Sea Fisheries Development and Coordinating Programme
To be self-sufficient in spawner/larval supply, a small-scale Penaeus monodon hatchery should have the following: 1) broodstock tanks or pens depending on location and other factors; 2) pond sources of broodstock of ...
Socio-economic impacts of shrimp culture
- In M Beveridge, R Fuchs, J Furberg, N Kautsky, A Reilly & P Sorgeloos (Eds.), Aquaculture Research and Sustainable Development in Inland and Coastal Regions in South-East Asia: Proceedings of an IFS/EU Workshop, Can Tho, Vietnam, 18-22 March 1996, 1998 - International Foundation for Science (IFS)
Farmed shrimp contributed 27% of total world shrimp production in 1995 with a volume of 712,000 tonnes ('metric tonnes,' t). Undoubtedly, the shrimp culture industry earns valuable foreign exchange for developing countries ...
Current status of prawn farming and prawn health management in the Philippines.
- In J Turnbull, P Chanrathchakool & IH MacRae (Eds.), Proceedings of the Southeast Asia Aquatic Disease Control Project (SEAADCP) Prawn Health Management Workshop, 10-20 January 1994, Bangkok, Thailand, 1994 - Aquatic Animal Health Research Institute
Studies on broodstock of sugpo Penaeus monodon Fabricius and other penaeids at the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department
- In Proceedings of the Symposium on Coastal Aquaculture held at Cochin from January 12 to 18, 1980. Part 1: Prawn Culture, 1982 - Cochin, India: The Marine Biological Association of India
For hatchery production of Penaeus monodon and other penaeid fry, the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department is dependent mainly on captive broodstock in the form of ablated females, using up to 1,500 spawners in one year. The ...
The effect of diet on the reproductive performance of pond-reared Penaeus monodon Fabricius broodstock
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, Manila, Philippines, 26-31 May 1986, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Three practical diets were tested for their effects on the reproductive performance, survival and larval quality of pond-reared Penaeus monodon. Diets A, B and C were formulated to contain the same basal components but ...
Aquaculture industry profile and trends
- In Fishlink 2001, 29-31 May 2001, Iloilo City, Philippines, 2001 - University of the Philippines Aquaculture Society, Inc.
Nutrient flow and physicochemical profile studies of an integrated poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system
- In P Sorgeloos, DA Bengtson, W Decleir & E Jaspers (Eds.), Artemia research and its applications: Vol 3. Ecology, Culturing, Use in Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on the Brine Shrimp Artemia, 1-5 September 1987, Antwerp, Belgium, 1987 - Wetteren, Belgium: Universal Press
The physicochemical and biological parameters of an integrated flow-through poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system were monitored for 6 months to determine the pattern of nutrient changes and ...