Now showing items 31-40 of 102
LHRHa and pimozide-induced breeding in the catfish, Clarias macrocephalus (Gunther).
Clarias macrocephalus is endemaic yet dwinding freshwater foodfish in the Philippines. Induced breeding protocol was developed after a series of studies which determined the appropriate egg size, proper time of stripping ...
Experimental transmission of epizootic ulcerative syndrome (EUS) in snakehead, Ophicephalus striatus
- In M Shariff, JR Arthur & RP Subasinghe (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture II : Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 25-29 October 1993, Phuket, Thailand, 1995 - Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society
Two separate experiments on transmission of epizootic ulcerative syndrome (EUS) to naive snakehead (Ophicephalus striatus) by cohabitation with EUS-positive snakehead in EUS-enzootic environment and exposure to EUS-enzootic ...
Reproductive performance of wild-caught mangrove red snapper, Lutjanus argentimaculatus
- In P Lavens, E Jaspers & I Roelants (Eds.), Larvi '95 - Fish & Shellfish Larviculture Symposium, 3-7 September 1995, Gent, Belgium, 1995 - European Aquaculture Society
Series: Special Publication; No. 24
Series: Special Publication; No. 24
Interest in the culture of snappers, belonging to the family Lutjanidae, is increasing in Southeast Asia due to their relatively high market price. However, the fry needed for culture still comes exclusively from the wild. ...
Maturation and induced spawning of the mangrove red snapper (Lutjanus argentimaculatus) reared in a floating net cage in the Philippines
- In F Arreguín-Sánchez, JL Munro, MC Balgos & D Pauly (Eds.), Biology, Fisheries and Culture of Tropical Groupers and Snappers. Proceedings of an EPOMEX/ICLARM International … Workshop on Tropical Snappers and Groupers held at the University of Campeche, Campeche, Mexico, 26-29 October 1993, 1996 - International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management (ICLARM)
Wild-caught mangrove red snapper (Lutjanus argentimaculatus) were reared in a floating net cage at SEAFDEC/AQD's Igang Marine Substation at Guimaras Island, Central Philippines. In 1993, monthly samplings and induced ...
Response of Penaeus monodon juveniles to aflatoxin B1 dietary contamination
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Cage culture of Kappaphycus alvarezii (doty) doty and Epinephelus sp.
- In PM Aliño (Ed.), Proceedings of the Second National Symposium in Marine Science, 5-7 November 1992, Mindanao State University, Tawi-tawi, Philippines, 1994 - University of the Philippines, Marine Science Institute
Kappaphycus alvarezii seedlings were cultured in cluster, vertically and horizontally using nylon monofilament rope attached to a bamboo raft installed inside a 5 x 5 m floating cage. Juveniles of Epinephelus sp. were ...
Recent technical developments in aquaculture and training needs
- In CL Marte (Ed.), Aquaculture in Asia and the Pacific : report of an APO seminar 25th August - 4th September, 1992, Tokyo, Japan, 1995 - Asian Productivity Organization
This paper attempts to present recent developments and techniques in breeding, seed production, genetics, feed development, and fish health management. Most of the innovative findings come from work done on well-studied ...
Hormonal, environmental, and dietary manipulation of milkfish broodstock to enhance egg production
- In Towards More Effective Utilization of Resources for Sustained Development. Proceedings of the First IFS-NRCP Seminar-Workshop, 26-29 April 1993, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, 1993 - International Foundation for Science
The insufficient supply of milkfis fry severely limits the expanion of milkfish aquaculture. While natural spamning and hatchery production of milkfish fry have been attained recently, there is sitll a need to incease egg ...
Toxicity of rotenone to milkfish, Chanos chanos, and tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicus
- In M Shariff, RP Subasinghe & JR Arthur (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture I. Proceedings of the First Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 November 1990, Bali, Indonesia, 1992 - Asian Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section
Milkfish (Chanos canos) and tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus) were exposed to varying concentrations of rotenone (95-98% active ingredient) to determine the median lethal concentration (LC50). The 1, 6, 12, 24, ...
Survival of yolk-sac larvae of grouper (Epinephelus suillus) under simulated transport conditions.
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91. Short Communications and Abstracts of Contributions Presented at the International Symposium on Fish and Crustacean Larviculture, 27-30 August 1991, Gent, Belgium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society. EAS Special Publication No. 15
Transport of live fish is a routine activity in aquaculture. Various transport techniques have been reported by Berka. Transport of grouper eggs (Epinephelus suillus) between fisheries stations in Thailand is being conducted. ...