Now showing items 61-69 of 69
The effect of various levels of protein, fat carbohydrates and energy on growth, survival and body composition of Chanos chanos fingerlings.
- In EA Huisman, N Zonneveld & AHM Bouwmans (Eds.), Aquaculture Reseach in Asia: Management Techniques and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Asian Seminar on Aquaculture Organized by IFS, 14-18 November 1988, Malang, Indonesia, 1989 - Pudoc
Rice and fish are staple foods in the Philipines as well as in other parts of Southeast Asia, where calorie/protin malnutrition is a serious probem. Milkfish, (Chanos chanos) is well-liked by the masses and, therefore, ti ...
Integrated farming of broiler chickens with fish and shrimp in brackishwater ponds
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
An experiment on the integrated farming of broiler chickens with milkfish (Chanos chanos), tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) and shrimp (Penaeus indicus) in brackishwater ponds was conducted in 1,000-m2 ponds of ...
Voluntary feed intake and energy partitioning in tilapia, (Oreochromis niloticus) fed diets with different protein/energy levels
- In A Chwalibog & K Jakobsen (Eds.), Energy Metabolism in Animals. Proceedings of the 15th Symposium on Energy Metabolism in Animals, 11-16 September 2000, Snekkersten, Denmark, 2001 - Wageningen Pers
In order to investigate the effect of different protein/energy levels of diets (two commercial and one laboratory) on voluntary feed intake and energy partitioning in tilapia (O. niloticus), 15 fishes with an initial body ...
Evaluation of free essential amino acid in muscle of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus), as a basis of amino acid requirement for growth.
- 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
The free essential amino acid levels in muscle of young Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) after feeding graded amounts of a corresponding test amino acid were measured in 9 separate experiments to determine if free amino ...
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
Milkfish nutrition: a review
- In RD Fortes, LC Darvin & DL de Guzman (Eds.), Fish and crustacean feeds and nutrition : Proceedings of the seminar-workshop on fish and crustacean feeds and nutrition held on 25-26 February 1985 at UPV, Iloilo City, 1989 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development
This paper reviews recent work on milkfish nutrition. Substantial progress had been made towards understanding the digestive physiology of milkfish. Major enzaymes envolved in the digestions of carbohydrates, protein and ...
Growth rate of Gracilariopsis heteroclada (Rhang et Xia) Zhang et Xia (Rhodophyta) in floating cages as influenced by Lates calcarifer Bloch
- In HP Calumpong & EG Meñez (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2nd RP-USA Phycology Symposium/Workshop, Supplement, 6-10 January 1992, Cebu City, Philippines, 11-18 January 1992, Dumaguete City, Philippines, 1994 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development
Fragments of Gracilariopsis heteroclada weighing 10 g each were inserted in a polypropylene rope, suspended at different depths (25 cm, 50 cm and 100 cm below the water surface) and cultured with Lates calcarifer fingerlings ...
Evaluation of different live food organisms on growth and survival of river catfish, Mystus nemurus (C&V) larvae
- In CI Henry, G Van Stappen, M Wille & P Sorgeloos (Eds.), Larvi 2001 : 3rd Fish & Shellfish Larviculture Symposium, Gent, Belgium, September 3-6, 2001, 2001 - European Aquaculture Society
Series: Special Publication No. 30
Series: Special Publication No. 30
Mystus nemurus is one of the most commercially important freshwater fish in Malaysia. Even though artificial breeding or reproduction of M. nemurus is done in private hatcheries around Peninsular Malaysia, inadequate seed ...
Food consumption of seaperch, Lates calcarifer, in captivity.
- In EA Huisman, N Zonneveld & AHM Bouwmans (Eds.), Aquaculture Research in Asia: Management Techniques and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Asian Seminar on Aquaculture Organized by IFS, 14-18 November 1988, Malang, Indonesia, 1989 - Pudoc
In the Philppines, feeds and constitutes some 70% of the total capital cost in aquacultural, which illustrates the central ipmortance of such inputs and at the same time justifies a major research effort to study the field ...