Acute toxicity of potassium permanganate to milkfish fingerlings, Chanos chanos
MetadataShow full item record
Cited times in Scopus
Potassium permanganate (KMnO4) is a strong oxidizing agent and is commonly used in aquatic systems to improve available oxygen, treat infectious diseases and parasites, detoxify fish poisons, and control algae. The following study was undertaken to determine the 24- and 96-h median lethal concentration (LC50) of milk fish (Chanos chanos)) fingerlings to KMnO4. The study was also designed to evaluate the histopathological response of fish tissues to KMnO4 but was reported in another paper (Cruz and Tamse 1986).
This study was supported by the International Development Research Center of Canada under Project No. 3-P-81-0171.
Suggested CitationCruz, E. R., & Tamse, C. T. (1989). Acute toxicity of potassium permanganate to milkfish fingerlings, Chanos chanos.
- Journal Articles