Now showing items 1-10 of 47
Potential use of the sea lettuce Ulva lactuca replacing soybean meal in the diet of the black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon juvenile
- Aquaculture, Aquarium, Conservation and Legislation, 2015 - Bioflux
To evaluate the biological value of incorporating the sea lettuce Ulva lactuca meal in the diet of the black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon), 3 diets were fed to groups of shrimps containing two levels (15% and 30% replacement ...
The effect of diet on the reproductive performance of pond-reared Penaeus monodon Fabricius broodstock
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, Manila, Philippines, 26-31 May 1986, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Three practical diets were tested for their effects on the reproductive performance, survival and larval quality of pond-reared Penaeus monodon. Diets A, B and C were formulated to contain the same basal components but ...
Formulated feeds for Penaeus monodon
- In Report of the Workshop on Shrimp and Finfish Feed Development, 25-29 October 1998, Johore Bahru, Malaysia, 1989 - ASEAN/UNDP/FAO Regional Small-Scale Coastal Fisheries Development Project
The paper discusses the food and feeding habits of Penaeus monodon , present knowledge of nutrient requirements and available formulation in the market including those developed at the Aquaculture Department, Southeast ...
Acetes as prime food for Penaeus monodon larvae
- 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
This paper presents research attempts to develop a suitable artificial diet for shrimp larvae with locally-available materials. Larval rearing experiments using finely ground Acetes tissues conducted under various climatic ...
Mineral requirements of Penaeids
- In Advances in Tropical Aquaculture: Workshop at Tahiti, French Polynesia, February 20 - March 4, 1989, 1990 - Institut Francais de Recherche pour l'Exploitation de la Mer
Series: Actes de Colloque 9
Series: Actes de Colloque 9
Marine shrimps absorb minerals from their aquatic environment aside from the minerals that come from the food they eat. Thus, the dietary requirement of shrimps for certain minerals will depend on the amounts and availability ...
Effect of fatty acid composition of broodstock diet on tissue fatty acid patterns and egg fertilization and hatching in pond-reared Penaeus monodon
- Asian Fisheries Science, 1989 - Asian Fisheries Society
The effect of dietary fatty acid composition on tissue fatty acid patterns and Penaeus monodon was evaluated with the use of 3 practical diets. Diets were formulated to contain the same basal components but with various ...
Defatted soybean meal and Leucaena leaf meal as protein sources in diets for Penaeus monodon juveniles
- In R Hirano & I Hanyu (Eds.), The Second Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the Second Asian Fisheries Forum, Tokyo, Japan, 17 - 22 April 1989, 1990 - Asian Fisheries Society
Penaeus monodon juveniles, mean weight 0.38 g, were fed 12 practical diets with 30, 20 or 16% Peruvian fish meal, 15 or 35% defatted soybean meal (DSM), 10% Leucaena leucocephala , leaf meal (LM), and 15% shrimp meal with ...
Recent developments in design and management of small-scale hatchery for Penaeus monodon in the Philippines
- In Working Party on Small-Scale Shrimp/Prawn Hatcheries in Southeast Asia, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia, 16-21 November 1981, 1982 - South China Sea Fisheries Development and Coordinating Programme
It is a common belief that the zoea of Penaeus monodon are completely filter feeders. Thus, diatoms like chaetoceros and phytoflagellates are maintained at high feeding densities as much as 80 000 cells/ml in hatchery tanks ...
Status of shrimp nutrition and feed development in Southeast Asia.
- In S De Silva (Ed.), Fish Nutrition Research in Asia. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fish Nutrition Network Meeting, 6-10 June 1988, Bangkok, Thailand, 1989 - Asian Fisheries Society. AFS Spec. Publ. 4
World demand for shrimp has increased significantly in the last decade. Of the 32 species investigated, the most commonly cultured in Southeast Asia is the Penaeus monodon . Formulated feed constituted around 50% of the ...
Utilization of feed pea, Pisum sativum, meal as protein source in practical diets for juvenile shrimp, Penaeus monodon
- Aquaculture, 2003 - Elsevier
The potential of feed pea meal as an alternative protein source to soybean meal in practical diets for the juvenile tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon, was assessed in several experiments. Six isonitrogenous diets were formulated ...