Now showing items 11-20 of 1045
Book chapter | Article
Viral nervous necrosis (VNN) as a critical infectious disease of orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides, in the Philippines
- In K Nakamura (Ed.), Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas, 2007 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides, is a valuable commodity in the Philippines. In 2001, mass mortality occurred in the grouper larvae at Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center ...
Economic feasibility analysis of the monoculture of mudcrab (Scylla serrata) Forsskal
- Aquaculture, 1990 - Elsevier
Mudcrabs, Scylla serrata Forsskal, were monocultured at different stocking densities: 5000, 10 000, 15 000 and 20 000/ha for 90 days. Highest mean weight, survival and relative growth increment (P>0.05) were obtained from ...
Mangroves and shrimp pond culture effluents in Aklan, Panay Is., central Philippines
- Bulletin of Marine Science, 2007 - University of Miami, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
The capacity of a natural mangrove system in Ibajay, Aklan province, central Philippines to process shrimp pond culture effluents was assessed through analysis of mangrove community structure and 24-hr monitoring of water ...
Production of hatchery-bred early juvenile milkfish (Chanos chanos) in nursery ponds through supplemental feeding
- Animal Biology and Animal Husbandry, 2012 - Bioflux Society
Hatchery-bred early juvenile Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskål, 1755) (average weight of 0.45 g) were stocked in a 500 m2 nursery pond at a density of 16 juveniles/m2 during the dry months (March-May). ...
Milkfish (Chanos chanos) fingerling production in freshwater ponds with the use of natural and artificial feeds
- Aquaculture, 1989 - Elsevier
Milkfish fry were reared to fingerling size in freshwater ponds. For the first experiment, fish were fed the blue-green algae Oscillatoria inoculated and grown in the ponds, Oscillatoria supplemented with a fishmeal-based ...
Identifying mangrove areas for fisheries enhancement; population assessment in a patchy habitat
- Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, 2012 - Wiley
- Small-scale fisheries are an important element of the ecosystem goods and services that mangrove habitats provide, especially to poorer coastal communities that rely most on natural resources, and have similar ...
Biological evaluation of three phytoplankton species (Chlorella sp., Tetraselmis sp., Isochrysis galbana) and two zooplankton species (Crassostrea iredalei, Brachionus plicatilis) as food for the first-feeding Siganus guttatus larvae
- The Philippine Scientist, 1986 - University of San Carlos
First-feeding Siganus guttatus larvae were given different species of phytoplankton (Chlorella, Tetraselmis, Isochrysis) and zooplankton (oyster trochophores, Brachionus) or a combination of both on the first day when they ...
Sugar and amino acid transport in fish intestine
- Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part A: Physiology, 1984 - Elsevier
1. Morphological properties of fish intestines vary with diet. Carnivores have short guts with highly elaborate mucosal folding in the upper intestines; herbivores have long guts which appear structurally uniform from ...
Diet composition, feed preferences and mouth morphology of early stage silver therapon (Leiopotherapon plumbeus, Kner 1864) larvae reared in outdoor tanks
- Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2015 - Wiley
This study examined the diet composition, feeding preferences, and mouth morphology of the silver therapon (Leiopotherapon plumbeus, Kner 1864) larvae under captive conditions. Larvae were reared in outdoor tanks (4 ...
Diversity and distribution of freshwater fish assemblages in Tayabas River, Quezon (Philippines)
- Philippine Journal of Science, 2013 - Science and Technology Information Institute
Three stream sections (upstream, midstream, and downstream) of Tayabas River, Philippines were surveyed during the wet and dry seasons of 2010 to evaluate the poorly known status of freshwater fish assemblages. The study ...