Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Mariculture techniques for Epinephelus sp. in the Philippines
- In RD Guerrero III & MP Garcia Jr. (Eds.), Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture: Proceedings of the First Philippine-French Technical Workshop on Advances in Finfish and Shellfish Mariculture, October 24-26, 1990, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines, 1991 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development; French Embassy in the Philippines
This paper reviews the status of different techniques that are presently practiced for Ephinephelus sp. culture in the Philippines. Constraints and problems encountered as well as possible solutions are also discussed.
Egg quality of grouper Epinephelus coioides fed different fatty acid sources
- In D MacKinlay & M Eldridge (Eds.), The Fish Egg: Its Biology and Culture Symposium Proceedings. International Congress on the Biology of Fishes, 14-18 July 1996, San Francisco State University, 1996 - American Fisheries Society, Physiology Section
Quality of eggs spawned by Epinephelus coioides fed fish by catch (control). Cod liver oil-enriched fish by catch (TFC), and commercial HUFA A-enriched fish by catch (TFS) was monitored. Monthly egg production, spawning ...
Status of breeding and larval rearing of groupers
- In Report of the Regional Workshop on Sustainable Seafarming and Grouper Aquaculture, Medan, Indonesia, 17-20 April 2000. Collaborative APEC Grouper Research and Development Network (FWG 01/99), 2002 - Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
Attempts to breed groupers in captivity started about four decades ago. Ukawa et al. (1966) described the successful fertilization and embryonic development of the red grouper Epinephelus akaara. Fueled by the high market ...
Culture of grouper, sea bass and red snapper
- In Fishlink 2001, 29-31 May 2001, Sarabia Manor Hotel, Iloilo City, 2001 - University of the Philippines Aquaculture Society, Inc.
Marine fish production has increased dramatically in the past ten years and majority of the cultured species were produced in Asia in 1992. Increase in production was accompanied with concerns on increasing outbreak of ...
Survival of yolk-sac larvae of grouper (Epinephelus suillus) under simulated transport conditions.
- In P Lavens, P Sorgeloos, E Jaspers & F Ollevier (Eds.), Larvi '91. Short Communications and Abstracts of Contributions Presented at the International Symposium on Fish and Crustacean Larviculture, 27-30 August 1991, Gent, Belgium, 1991 - European Aquaculture Society. EAS Special Publication No. 15
Transport of live fish is a routine activity in aquaculture. Various transport techniques have been reported by Berka. Transport of grouper eggs (Epinephelus suillus) between fisheries stations in Thailand is being conducted. ...
Marine-fish mangrove aquaculture
- In Technologies in Mangrove-Friendly Aquaculture. Final Report of and Papers Presented to the On-Site Training on Mangrove-Friendly Aquaculture, Hai Phong City, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 19-30 April 1999, 2000 - Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center
Aquaculture has often been blamed by environmental lobby groups as one of the main causes of mangrove destruction. In the Philippines, large areas of mangroves were converted through the years into fish and shrimp ponds. There ...