Now showing items 11-20 of 69
Acceptability of selected zooplankton and phytoplankton for growing larvae/fry of bighead carp (Aristichthys nobilis).
- In The China Society of Fisheries, 1990 - Proceedings of the Asian Symposium on Freshwater Fish Culture, 11-15 October 1985, Beijing, China
Nutrition and feeds of Nile tilapia broodstock and fry
- In RD Fortes, LC Darvin & DL de Guzman (Eds.), Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Seminar-Workshop on Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition, 25-26 February 1985, Iloilo City, Philippines, 1989 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development
Studies on some aspects of tilapia and feed formulation conducted at BRS are reviewed in this paper. The effect fo varying dietary crude protien on growth and spawning frequency of tilapia was determined under laboratory ...
Nutrient flow and physicochemical profile studies of an integrated poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system
- In P Sorgeloos, DA Bengtson, W Decleir & E Jaspers (Eds.), Artemia research and its applications: Vol 3. Ecology, Culturing, Use in Aquaculture. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on the Brine Shrimp Artemia, 1-5 September 1987, Antwerp, Belgium, 1987 - Wetteren, Belgium: Universal Press
The physicochemical and biological parameters of an integrated flow-through poultry-salt-Artemia-milkfish-sea bass-shrimp pond production system were monitored for 6 months to determine the pattern of nutrient changes and ...
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...
Optimized feeding strategies in the larviculture of the Asian seabass Lates calcarifer.
- In R Hirano & I Hanyu (Eds.), The Second Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Second Asian Fisheries Forum, 17-22 April 1989, Tokyo, Japan, 1990 - Asian Fisheries Society
This paper reports on the progress made at the Tigbauan hatchery of SEAFDEC in the Philippines, with the larviculture of the Asian seabass Lates calcarifer when using w3-HUFA enriched Brachionus and Artemia . In view of ...
Review of SEAFDEC/AQD fish nutrition and feed development research.
Research on fish nutrition and feed development at SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department has focused on three major areas: nutrient requirements and their interrelationships, digestive enzymes and digestibility, and practical ...
Fisheries biology of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forskal)
- In H Tanaka, KR Uwate, JV Juario, CS Lee & R Foscarini (Eds.), Proceedings of the Regional Workshop on Milkfish Culture Development in the South Pacific, 21-25 November 1988, Tarawa, Kiribati, 1990 - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, South Pacific Aquaculture Development Project
Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forskal) is one of the most important food fish species in the world. In Indonesia, Taiwan and the Philippines, more than a quarter of a million tonnes of milkfish are harvested annually in brackish ...
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
The effect of various levels of protein, fat carbohydrates and energy on growth, survival and body composition of Chanos chanos fingerlings.
- In EA Huisman, N Zonneveld & AHM Bouwmans (Eds.), Aquaculture Reseach in Asia: Management Techniques and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Asian Seminar on Aquaculture Organized by IFS, 14-18 November 1988, Malang, Indonesia, 1989 - Pudoc
Rice and fish are staple foods in the Philipines as well as in other parts of Southeast Asia, where calorie/protin malnutrition is a serious probem. Milkfish, (Chanos chanos) is well-liked by the masses and, therefore, ti ...
Integrated farming of broiler chickens with fish and shrimp in brackishwater ponds
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
An experiment on the integrated farming of broiler chickens with milkfish (Chanos chanos), tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) and shrimp (Penaeus indicus) in brackishwater ponds was conducted in 1,000-m2 ponds of ...