Epipelic diatoms of Lake Caliraya, Laguna, Philippines
A taxonomic survey of diatom flora was conducted through sediments (from 25 cm to 200 cm depth) along the shoreline of Lake Caliraya, a man-made lake in Laguna Province, Philippines. There were a total of 63 diatom taxa belonging to three classes and 28 genera. About 93% were pennate diatoms and the other 7% are centric diatoms. Cocconeis placentula, Sellphora pupula, and Gomphonema accuminatum var. turris were the more abundant and frequently occurring pennate diatom species in the study. More frequently occurring centric diatoms include Aulacoseira granulata and Cyclotella menehegniana. Rarely occurring diatoms in this lake were also noted, including Synedra incisa, Fragilaria crotonensis, Bacillaria paxillifer, Craticula perotettii, and Amphora ovalis.
Goss, M. M., Arguelles, E. D. L. R., & Nacorda, J. O. (2013). Epipelic diatoms of Lake Caliraya, Laguna, Philippines. In M. L. C. Aralar, A. S. Borja, A. L. Palma, M. M. Mendoza, P. C. Ocampo, E. V. Manalili, & L. C. Darvin (Eds.), LakeCon2011: Building on the pillars of Integrated Lake Basin Management (Second National Congress on Philippine Lakes) (p. 320). Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines: PCAARRD-DOST.
ชุดSummary of Proceedings No. 1/2013;
- LakeCon2011