Now showing items 1-10 of 41
Controlled release of testosterone and estradiol-17 β from biodegradable cylinders
- Journal of Controlled Release, 1994 - Controlled Release Society
A controlled release device for the hormones, testosterone and estradiol-17 β, was developed by coating a melt extruded hormone/poly (ϵ-caprolactone) cylinder with pure polylactide. Since testosterone and estradiol-17β ...
Seasonal variation in food and feeding of Penaeus monodon Fabricius (Decapoda, Natantia)
- Crustaceana, 1982 - E.J. Brill
A preliminary study on feeding habits of P. monodon F. (cf. Marte, 1980) indicated seasonal variations in feeding in this species. Similar observations have been reported for P. aztecus Ives and P. duorarum Burkenroad. The ...
Status of grouper research in the Philippines
- In MA Rimmer, KC Williams & MJ Phillips (Eds.), Proceedings of the Grouper Aquaculture Research Workshop, 7-8 April 1998, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Studies on breeding and seed production of the new species of fish with high commercial value
- In Studies on Sustainable Production Systems of Aquatic Animals in Brackish Mangrove Areas [Ibaraki, Japan], 2001 - Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
Aquaculture contributes significantly to food production and provides the means to generate increased revenue for countries in Southeast Asia. As the catch from the capture fisheries stagnate and population growth rate in ...
Spontaneous maturation and spawning of milkfish in floating net cages
- Aquaculture, 1986 - Elsevier
Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) reared from wild-caught fry and from hatchery-bred fry matured at 3.5-5.5 years (2.3-4.9 kg). Maturation and spawning of the hatcherybred fish marks the first time the milkfish life-cycle ...
Hormone-induced spawning of cultured tropical finfishes
- In Advances in tropical aquaculture : workshop at Tahiti, French Polynesia, February 20-March 4, 1989, 1990 - IFREMER
Commercially important tropical freshwater and marine finfishes are commonly spawned with pituitary homogenate, human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) and semi-purified fish gonadotropins. These preparations are often administered ...
Effect of season on oocyte development and serum steroid hormones in LHRHa and pimozide-injected catfish Clarias macrocephalus (Günther)
- Fisheries Science, 1999 - Japanese Society of Fisheries Science
Oocyte and blood samples were taken from gravid female catfish Clarias macrocephalus at 4-h intervals to monitor the stage of oocyte development and serum steroid hormone profiles after injection of luteinizing hormone-releasing ...
- In PM Aliño, EFB Miclat, CL Nañola Jr., HA Roa-Quiaoit & RT Campos (Eds.), Atlas of Philippine Coral Reefs, 2002 - Goodwill Trading Co., Inc. (Goodwill Bookstore)
Article | Short communication
Bacteria associated with infection at hormone-implantation sites among milkfish, Chanos chanos (Forsskal), adults
- Journal of Fish Diseases, 1986 - Blackwell Publishing
Survival and growth of milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) larvae reared on larval feeds as supplement to live food
- In LM Chou, AD Munro, TJ Lam, TW Chen, LKK Cheong, JK Ding, KK Hooi, HW Khoo, VPE Phang, KF Shim & CH Tan (Eds.), The Third Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the Third Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-30 October 1992, Singapore, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society