Now showing items 1-10 of 41
Milkfish aquaculture in the Philippines: an overview
- In IC Liao & EM Leaño (Eds.), Milkfish aquaculture in Asia, 2010 - National Taiwan University; The Fisheries Society of Taiwan; Asian Fisheries Society; World Aquaculture Society
Milkfish farming has been, and will remain the backbone of Philippine aquaculture. To date, over 260,000 ha of brackishwater ponds, 6, 700 ha of freshwater pens and about 500 ha of marine pens and cages are used to culture ...
Shell marking by artificial feeding of the tropical abalone Haliotis asinina Linne juveniles for sea ranching and stock enhancement
- Aquaculture Research, 2003 - Blackwell Publishing
A method of marking abalone (Haliotis asinina Linne) for sea ranching and stock enhancement purposes was developed. Three-month-old abalone juveniles (11.8-mm shell length, 0.28 g) were fed artificial diets for 1, 2, or 3 ...
Larviculture of marine species in Southeast Asia: current research and industry prospects
- Aquaculture, 2003 - Elsevier
The increased requirement for food fish, the lucrative market for expensive seafood, and the need to conserve marine resources, have motivated the rapid pace of larviculture research in Southeast Asia. Various research and ...
Development of larval diets for milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2000 - Blackwell Publishing
This study aimed to develop nutritionally balanced and costeffective processed diets for milkfish larvae (Chanos chanos). Two larval diets (feed A and feed B) were formulated and prepared to contain 45% protein and 10% ...
- In PM Aliño, EFB Miclat, CL Nañola Jr., HA Roa-Quiaoit & RT Campos (Eds.), Atlas of Philippine Coral Reefs, 2002 - Goodwill Trading Co., Inc. (Goodwill Bookstore)
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
Controlled release of testosterone and estradiol-17 β from biodegradable cylinders
- Journal of Controlled Release, 1994 - Controlled Release Society
A controlled release device for the hormones, testosterone and estradiol-17 β, was developed by coating a melt extruded hormone/poly (ϵ-caprolactone) cylinder with pure polylactide. Since testosterone and estradiol-17β ...
Recent technical developments in aquaculture and training needs
- In CL Marte (Ed.), Aquaculture in Asia and the Pacific : report of an APO seminar 25th August - 4th September, 1992, Tokyo, Japan, 1995 - Asian Productivity Organization
This paper attempts to present recent developments and techniques in breeding, seed production, genetics, feed development, and fish health management. Most of the innovative findings come from work done on well-studied ...
Spontaneous maturation and spawning of milkfish in floating net cages
- Aquaculture, 1986 - Elsevier
Milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) reared from wild-caught fry and from hatchery-bred fry matured at 3.5-5.5 years (2.3-4.9 kg). Maturation and spawning of the hatcherybred fish marks the first time the milkfish life-cycle ...
An improved method for collecting naturally spawned milkfish eggs from floating cages
- Aquaculture, 1988 - Elsevier
Natural spawnings of captive milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal) held in floating cages were observed in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. Frequency of spawnings increased from two in 1980 to 41 in 1985. Various collectors and ...