Now showing items 1-10 of 41
Shell marking by artificial feeding of the tropical abalone Haliotis asinina Linne juveniles for sea ranching and stock enhancement
- Aquaculture Research, 2003 - Blackwell Publishing
A method of marking abalone (Haliotis asinina Linne) for sea ranching and stock enhancement purposes was developed. Three-month-old abalone juveniles (11.8-mm shell length, 0.28 g) were fed artificial diets for 1, 2, or 3 ...
Milkfish aquaculture in the Philippines: an overview
- In IC Liao & EM Leaño (Eds.), Milkfish aquaculture in Asia, 2010 - National Taiwan University; The Fisheries Society of Taiwan; Asian Fisheries Society; World Aquaculture Society
Milkfish farming has been, and will remain the backbone of Philippine aquaculture. To date, over 260,000 ha of brackishwater ponds, 6, 700 ha of freshwater pens and about 500 ha of marine pens and cages are used to culture ...
Larviculture of marine species in Southeast Asia: current research and industry prospects
- Aquaculture, 2003 - Elsevier
The increased requirement for food fish, the lucrative market for expensive seafood, and the need to conserve marine resources, have motivated the rapid pace of larviculture research in Southeast Asia. Various research and ...
Collection of naturally-spawned milkfish eggs in floating cages
- In JL Maclean, LB Dizon & LV Hosillos (Eds.), The First Asian Fisheries Forum. Proceedings of the First Asian Fisheries Forum, 26-31 May 1986, Manila, Philippines, 1986 - Asian Fisheries Society
Natural spawnings of milkfish from floating cages were obtained from different stocks of 5-7 year-old milkfish in 1980, 1981, 1983 and 1985. The maximum number of eggs collected in 1980, using a series of 1-m diameter ...
- In PM Aliño, EFB Miclat, CL Nañola Jr., HA Roa-Quiaoit & RT Campos (Eds.), Atlas of Philippine Coral Reefs, 2002 - Goodwill Trading Co., Inc. (Goodwill Bookstore)
- In S Manarungsan, EEC Flores, CL Marte & K Igusa (Eds.), The Possibilities of Technical Cooperation Between Southeast Asia and Okinawa Prefecture in Japan, 1996 - Institute of Developing Economies
Hormonal changes accompanying sexual maturation in captive milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskal)
- Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 1992 - Springer Verlag
Steroid hormone profiles accompanying sexual maturation in captive milkfish are described. There were no significant differences in levels of serum estradiol 17-β (E2) and testosterone (T) between immature male ...
Recent developments in freshwater and marine cage aquaculture in the Philippines
- In IC Liao & CK Lin (Eds.), Cage Aquaculture in Asia: Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Cage Aquaculture in Asia, 2-6 November 1999, Tungkang Marine Laboratory, Taiwan Fisheries Research Institute, Tungkang, Taiwan, 2000 - Asian Fisheries Society; World Aquaculture Society - Southeast Asian Chapter
Fish production from freshwater cages and pens, and marine cages and pens constitute 19% of the total foodfish produced from aquaculture in the Philippines. In 1998, production from freshwater cages and pens contributed ...
The plight of older women in a fishing village: The women fish traders of Bugtong Bato, Aklan, central Philippines
- In MJ Williams, MC Nandeesha, VP Corral, E Tech & PS Choo (Eds.), International Symposium on Women in Asian Fisheries: Fifth Asian Fisheries Forum, 13 November 1998, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2001 - ICLARM
The changing nature of the fisheries in Bugtong Bato, a small fishing community in Central Philippines has also changed the role of women, particularly of older women, in the community. Until the 1980s, fishing used mainly ...
The food and feeding habit of Penaeus monodon Fabricius collected from Makato River, Aklan, Philippines (Decapoda: Natantia)
- Crustaceana, 1980 - E.J. Brill
The food of Penaeus monodon Fabricius collected from Makato River, Aklan, consisted mainly of Crustacea (small crabs and shrimps) and molluscs, making up 85% of ingested food. The remaining 15% consisted of fish, polychaetes, ...