Now showing items 1-10 of 48
A primer on putian.
- In National Conference on Prawn-Fish Farming Technology, 23-24 October 1986, Makati, Metro Manila, 1986 - Fishfarmers Technical Assistance Foundation, Inc
With the growing interest among fishfarmars in the culture of sugpo or Penaeus monodon, some attention is being focused on the lesser known prawns and shrimps such as putian, Hipong puti (Tagalog), putian (Cebuano, Ilongo), ...
Current fish disease problems in the Philippines and their economic impact
An account is given of fish disease problems facing the aquaculture industry in the Philippines. The Laguna de Bay fish kills that occurred in December 1985 and February 1986, involving epizootic ulcerative syndrome of ...
Protein and dry matter digestibility of feedstuffs in complete diets for Penaeus monodon
- In Y Zhou, H Zhou, C Yao, Y Lu, F Hu, H Cui & F Din (Eds.), The Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum: Proceedings of the Fourth Asian Fisheries Forum, Beijing, 16-20 October 1995, 1997 - Asian Fisheries Society
The digestibilities of animal and plant protein sources were determined for P. monodon (30 ~ 40 g wet weight). Protein sources were incorporated in complete diets containing the indicator, chromic oxide at 1.8%. Casein, ...
Studies on the sources of luminescent Vibrio harveyi in Penaeus monodon hatcheries
- In M Shariff, RP Subasinghe & JR Arthur (Eds.), Diseases in Asian Aquaculture I. Proceedings of the First Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture, 26-29 November 1990, Bali, Indonesia, 1992 - Asian Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section
One of the major problems in the otherwise highly successful Penaeus monodon hatchery industry in the Philippines is the occurrence of luminescent bacterial disease due to Vibrio harveyi. The possible sources of the bacteria ...
Development of hatchery techniques for the mud crab Scylla serrata (Forskål): Comparison of feeding schemes
- In CP Keenan & A Blackshaw (Eds.), Mud Crab Aquaculture and Biology. Proceedings of an international scientific forum held in Darwin, Australia, 21–24 April 1997, 1999 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Scylla serrata larvae were reared in 3 L plastic containers and fed various amounts of artificial diets (AD) with or without natural food (NF: Brachionus rotundiformis and newly-hatched Artemia). The amounts of AD fed alone ...
Larval survival and megalopa production of Scylla sp. at different salinities
- In CP Keenan & A Blackshaw (Eds.), Mud Crab Aquaculture and Biology. Proceedings of an International Scientific Forum, 21-24 April 1997, Darwin, Australia, 1999 - Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Salinity tolerance was determined for each zoeal stage of Scylla sp. Larvae from ablated pond-grown females were abruptly transferred to salinities of 12, 16, 20, 24, 28 and 32 ppt. Spawning salinity or previous rearing ...
Larval rearing of Penaeus monodon: Feeds and feeding techniques
- In RD Fortes, LC Darvin & DL de Guzman (Eds.), Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition. Proceedings of the Seminar-Workshop on Fish and Crustacean Feeds and Nutrition, 25-26 February 1985, Iloilo City, Philippines, 1989 - Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development
Larval rearing of P.monodon requires mass culture of selected phytoplankton and zooplankton species. In the protozocal stage, Skelatonoma; Chaetoceros or Tetraselmis is given singly or in combination. The rotifer Brachionus ...
Growth and external reproductive parameters in pond-reared Penaeus monodon.
- In PM Aliño (Ed.), Proceedings of the Second National Symposium in Marine Science, 5-7 November 1992, Mindanao State University, Tawi-tawi, Philippines, 1994 - University of the Philippines, Marine Science Institute
Pond-reared Penaeus monodon males and females were sampled regularly over a 4 month period of length and weight measurments to the body and external reproductive organs; joining of the petasmata and the presence of sperm ...
New developments in marine prawn disease research in south east Asia.
- In SH Cheah & S Thalathiah (Eds.), New Technologies in Aquaculture. Proceedings of a Seminar Organized by the Malaysian Fisheries Society and the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment, 17 August 1989, Kuala Lumpur, 1992 - Malaysian Fisheries Society. Occasional Publication No. 6
Researches on marine shrimp diseases for the past three years centered primarily on the diagnosis and control of viral and bacterial infections as well as nutritional, toxic and environmental diseases. Diagnostic techniques ...
A preliminary report on the fauna of decapod crustacea in the mangrove and estuarine areas of Batan Bay, Panay Island, Philippines
- In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Mangrove and Estuarine Area Development for the Indo-Pacific Region, Manila, Philippines, 14-19 November 1977, 1977 - Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines: Philippine Council for Agricultural and Resources Research
In the Philippines, the total mangrove site for aquaculture development and others is about 576,000 hectares which constitute only 1.9 percent of the country's land resources. There are at present about 176,000 hectares ...