Now showing items 1-10 of 42
Significant organotin contamination of sediment and tissues of milkfish in brackish water ponds.
- Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 1999 - Springer Verlag
Organotin pesticides, triphenyltin acetate or hydroxide have long been used as an inexpensive method to control the population of brackish water shails Cerithidea cingulata in the pond culture of milkfish (Chanos chanos ...
Contribution of natural food and supplemental feed to the gut content of Penaeus monodon Fabricius in a semi-intensive pond system in the Philippines
- Aquaculture, 1998 - Elsevier
Juvenile Penaeus monodon were stocked in grow-out ponds and fed a compound diet at high rates for 19 weeks under semi-intensive conditions. At three stages of the rearing period (weeks 6, 11 and 16), the gut content of the ...
Apparent digestibility of selected ingredients in diets for juvenile grouper, Epinephelus coioides (Hamilton)
- Aquaculture Research, 2004 - Blackwell Publishing
Apparent digestibility coefficients (ADCs) for dry matter (ADCdm) and crude protein (ADCcp) of selected feed ingredients were determined in vivo for grouper using passive faeces collection (Guelph ...
Evaluation of leguminous seed meals and leaf meals as plant protein sources in diets for juvenile Penaeus indicus
- The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 1998 - Society of Israeli Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology
The potential of locally available legumes (white cowpea, Vigna unguiculata, and green mung-bean, Vigna radiata) and leaf meals (papaya, Carica papaya, and cassava, Manihut esculenta) in combination with defatted soybean ...
Utilization of mung bean, Vigna radiata (Linnaeus) as a novel protein source in practical-type diets for juvenile milkfish, Chanos chanos (Forsskal): Effects on growth, feed efficiency, body composition, and histology of gut and liver
- The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 2015 - Society of Israeli Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology (SIAMB)
A 15-week feeding trial was conducted to determine the optimum partial inclusion of mung bean protein in milkfish diet. Six isonitrogenous practical-type diets with mung bean included at 0%, 4%, 8%, 12%, 16%, and 20% of ...
Ultrastructure of the anterior intestinal epithelia of the orange-spotted grouper Epinephelus coioides larvae under different feeding regimes
- Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014 - Springer Verlag
Enterocytes of the anterior to midsection of the intestine in grouper Epinephelus coioides larvae were compared among different treatments: unfed to the point-of-no-return (PNR), fed natural food only, and co-fed natural ...
Leaf meals as protein sources in diets for milkfish Chanos chanos (Forsskal)
- In SS De Silva (Ed.), Fish Nutrition Research in Asia. Proceedings of the Fifth Asian Fish Nutrition Workshop, January 1993, Udorn Thani, Thailand, 1994 - Asian Fisheries Society
The protencial of partial replacement of fish meal protein with protein indigenous leaf meals in practical diets for milkfish, Chanos chanos (Forsskal) was studied. Five isocaloric (375 kcal/100 g diet), isonitrogenous ...
Egg quality of grouper Epinephelus coioides fed different fatty acid sources
- In D MacKinlay & M Eldridge (Eds.), The Fish Egg: Its Biology and Culture Symposium Proceedings. International Congress on the Biology of Fishes, 14-18 July 1996, San Francisco State University, 1996 - American Fisheries Society, Physiology Section
Quality of eggs spawned by Epinephelus coioides fed fish by catch (control). Cod liver oil-enriched fish by catch (TFC), and commercial HUFA A-enriched fish by catch (TFS) was monitored. Monthly egg production, spawning ...
Partial replacement of soybean meal with fermented copra meal in milkfish (Chanos chanos, Forsskal) diet
- Aquaculture, Aquarium, Conservation and Legislation, 2015 - Bioflux
Feeding trials were conducted to determine the optimum partial replacement level of soybean meal (SBM) with fermented copra meal (FCM). Isonitrogenous and isocaloric diets containing 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25% of the locally ...
Survey on the use of natural food and supplemental feed in commercial milkfish farms on Panay, Philippines
- In Deutscher Tropentag 2000: International Agricultural Research ; a Contribution to Crisis Prevention, October 11-12 2000, University of Hohenheim, 2000 - Stuttgart University
This study evaluated the feed intake of the milkfish (Chanos chanos Forsskål) in commercial brackishwater ponds under different management regimes. Feed intake and growth were compared between a rather intensive culture ...