Responsible aquaculture development in Southeast Asia: Proceedings of the seminar-workshop on aquaculture development in Southeast Asia
MetadataShow full item record
This publication documents the proceedings and outputs of the tri-annual seminar-workshop on Aquaculture Development in Southeast Asia (ADSEA). This seminar, ADSEA 99, reviewed the recent developments in aquaculture and provided a forum to discuss strategies to ensure further development of responsible aquaculture in the region. It specifically covered the following: 1) assessment of the progress and development of aquaculture technologies in the region, and research and development in the Department since 1995; 2) review of recent advances in sustainable and responsible aquaculture elsewhere in the world; and, 3) identification of strategies for sustainable and responsible aquaculture in the region. The contributions of selected participants during ADSEA '99 appear in this present volume.
Garcia, L. M. B. (Ed.). (2001). Responsible aquaculture development in Southeast Asia: Proceedings of the seminar-workshop on aquaculture development in Southeast Asia. Tigbauan, Iloilo, Philippines: Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center.
- Responsible aquaculture development for the next millennium
A. G.J. Tacon & U. C. Barg
- Developments in sustainable shrimp farming in Southeast Asia
H. Kongkeo, H. & M. Phillips
- Developments in marine and brackishwater fish culture in Southeast Asia
W. G. Yap
- Developments in freshwater fish culture in Southeast Asia
- Developments in integrated aquaculture in Southeast Asia
C. K. Lin & Y. Yi
- Socioeconomics of responsible aquaculture in Asia
K. Viswanathan & E. Genio
- Developments in seaweed farming in Southeast Asia
R. S. Simbajon & M. A. Ricohermoso
- Developments in mollusc farming in Southeast Asia
D. M. Nair
- Health management for sustainable aquaculture
- Markets and marketing trends for aquaculture products in Southeast Asia
- Community-based coral farming for reef rehabilitation, biodiversity conservation and as a livelihood option for fisherfolk
T. Heeger, F. B. Sotto, J. Ll. Gatus & C. Laron
- Biological hazard possibly produced by aquaculture and its control
- Environmental impacts of marine fish farming and their mitigation.
R. S. S. Wu
- REVIEW OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES AT SEAFDEC/AQD
- Research on marine fishes
J. D. Toledo
- Research on freshwater fishes
C. B. Santiago, Z. U. Basiao & J. D. Tan-Fermin
- Research on crustaceans
O. M. Millamena
- Research on molluscs and seaweeds
A. C. Fermin & A. Q. Hurtado
- Community-based Fishery Resources Management Project in Malalison Island: institutional arrangements for fisheries co-management
R. F. Agbayani & A. S. Babol
- Mangrove-friendly aquaculture studies at the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department
J. H. Primavera & A. T. Triño
- Technology Verification and Extension Program of SEAFDEC AQD
- Research on marine fishes
- ADSEA ‘99 Priorities and Recommendations
- LIST OF PARTICIPANTS AND OBSERVERS
TypeBook; Conference publication
274 p. : ill. (some col.)
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Sustainable aquaculture development for food security in Southeast Asia towards 2020. Proceedings of the Regional Technical Consultation on Sustainable Aquaculture Development in Southeast Asia Towards 2020 Acosta, Belen O.; Coloso, Relicardo M.; de Jesus-Ayson, Evelyn Grace T.; Toledo, Joebert D. (Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center, 2011)This publication represents the proceedings of the Regional Technical Consultation (RTC) on Aquaculture held in Bangkok, Thailand last 17-19 March 2010. The RTC was convened by the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development ...
Towards sustainable aquaculture in Southeast Asia and Japan : proceedings of the Seminar-Workshop on Aquaculture Development in Southeast Asia, Iloilo City, Philippines, 26-28 July 1994 Bagarinao, Teodora, U.; Flores, Efren Ed C. (Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center, 1995)Documents the presentations at ADSEA '94, the 3rd Seminar-Workshop on Aquaculture Development in Southeast Asia. ADSEA '94 includes reviews of the status of aquaculture development in Southeast Asia and Japan and of the ...
Resource enhancement and sustainable aquaculture practices in Southeast Asia: challenges in responsible production of aquatic species : proceedings of the international workshop on resource enhancement and sustainable aquaculture practices in Southeast Asia 2014 (RESA) Romana-Eguia, Maria Rowena R.; Parado-Estepa, Fe D.; Salayo, Nerissa D.; Lebata-Ramos, Ma. Junemie Hazel (Aquaculture Department, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center, 2015-08)The conference was held in order to promote and augment regional initiatives on resource enhancement and sustainable aquaculture practices, and to contribute to poverty alleviation, livelihood and food security in Southeast ...